Senior UX Designer / Product Designer
- Donau-City-Straße 1, 1220 Wien, Austria
- Department: Product
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Shpock has more than 10 million active users and over 2 billion page impressions. These numbers and regular #1 rankings in the App & Google Play Store in three countries (Germany, UK, Austria) make Shpock one of Europe’s most popular shopping apps. Behind the success of the app stands a team of over 100 highly motivated people from many different nationalities. Shpock has received two accolades from tech industry leaders: The “Best of 2017” award in the field of “Sustainability” from Apple and the “Android Excellence App of 2018” in the Google Play Store.
We pride ourselves in offering an app that’s easy to use and nice to look at. Your job is to package and present all of the cool technical features that make Shpock unique on the market.
What you will do
- Work closely with product managers and engineers in cross-functional teams and to create end-to-end user experiences for Shpock users.
- Create user flows, wireframes, and hifi prototypes which synthesise user data and research.
- Be an expert in user experience and visual design best practices, and constantly challenge the status quo.
- Champion and maintain design principles and the user experience strategy.
- Collaborate with and support other members of the Design team.
- Apply fundamental user experience, design and research principles to meet our user needs and together with our product managers increase the impact of our features.
- Develop high quality design assets that have a cohesive design language.
- Have experience doing user research to validate concepts, prototypes, and full flow designs.
Who are we looking for
- You are an experienced designer (at least 7 years of experience) with a focus on mobile platforms and deep knowledge of usability and design guidelines.
- You have a lot of experience with UX theories and best practices.
- You have a strong portfolio with a focus on UI and UX for web and mobile.
- You are passionate about design and user experience.
- You are experienced with user research, wire-framing and development of rapid prototypes with Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin or other tools.
- You have strong communication skills and you are able to iterate quickly, work conscientiously and precisely in a fast paced startup environment with diverse and cross-functional teams.
- You have good verbal and written English skills.
Your contact person: Britta Niederdorfer
We offer an attractive salary for this position based on your qualifications and experience. Austrian law requires us to post a minimum salary for this position, which is € 50.000,- gross per year (for a full-time job). Of course we are ready to pay more. We will treat your application in strict confidence!