Cloud Automation Engineer
- Carrer de la Ciutat de Granada, 150, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
- Department: Technology
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
Adevinta is an international group present in 16 countries, and we are sure that you know our brands in Spain: fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net, milanuncios, and vibbo, reach more than 18 million unique users per month: we are one of the top 10 companies with the largest internet audience in Spain! This and our more than 1,000 employees make us one of the leading tech companies on the Spanish market.
As a tech company, we have digital DNA. We love challenging the status quo and we are constantly thinking of new ways of doing things. We work using PEAK Performance, a streamlined way of working based on OKRs, and self-sufficient and self-organising teams. We believe in a culture of feedback and a close leadership style. In short, we create ever smarter solutions to offer our users and clients the best experience.
If you like challenges and believe in the power of connection as much as we do...Join our team!
We are looking for an Automation Engineer to take part of the IT Governance team of Adevinta in Spain. The mission of this team is to obtain the best value-for-money usage on IT services and providers, and your main role will be to develop the necessary tools to optimize the cost of our big and distributed IT infrastructure on AWS, automating as much as we can to ensure best practices and avoid overspends.
Here you can see an example of our current work in this area.
The main responsibilities will be:
• Define and design the strategy of the AWS accounts and cost optimization, developing and prioritizing the related backlog.
• Automate EC2 reservations, EBS and snapshots cleaning, auto escalating policies, among others.
• Automate and provide tools to analyze and visualize cost billings and deviations.
• Automate the AWS account creation and maintenance, considering all the organization requirements, tools, roles, etc.
• Advise the sites on the Best Practices related to AWS cost optimization. After detecting saving opportunities, you will help and guide the sites to implement the related actions.
• Work with all the technical teams to solve cost-optimization problems in the best way.
• Build, integrate, and implement common tooling to be used across verticals to improve the cost of their processes.
• Help to create and develop a Cost-Culture within the organization.
• You have proven track record (at least 2-3 years) of full hands-on in a cloud environment, specially on AWS, although we will value other experience on Google Cloud, Azure, ... even OpenStack is a useful experience.
• You can work with Python at a professional level. Your programs are clean and optimized.
• You have hands-on experience at least on 2 of the following tracks: linux administration, software development, networking, systems automation, continuous integration / continuous delivery, software reliability.
• You have a mindset of cost culture, where your solutions are oriented to make your Company save money with a smart architecture and reduce wastings on “cloud garbage”.
• You perfectly understand how web applications works.
• You have the technical understanding within software development to communicate well with developers.
• You can communicate with technical teams fluently in Spanish and/or English.
And you also have the following soft-skills:
• Be passionate about technology.
• Love learning.
• Love automation.
• Be very updated about where the technology is going.
• Know the state of the art of your domain.
• Good at communication.
- Work with excellent professionals to solve hard technical challenges.
- Be part of a company with an excellent working environment and modern, creative offices.
- Opportunities for development and growth within the company and the international group.
- Flexible working hours 8-10h / 17-19h
- 38h work week (Friday afternoons off).
- 23 paid vacation days a year, plus the 24th and 31st of December off.
- Intensive workday during summer months and Easter (34h work week).
- Medical insurance.
- Attractive remuneration according to your experience.
- Macbook Pro or Dell equivalent laptop + iPhone 8 or Samsung S9.
- Free breakfast, coffee and fruit.
- One paid conference per year, and 5 days per year to attend conferences.
- Flexible compensation