- Coppell, TX
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Procurement Specialist Champion to join our growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Assemble RFP documentation, complete the evaluation process and prepare the evaluation report for presentation to executive management team.
- Negotiate with all service vendors to secure best price, terms and conditions for the company.
- Prepares and submits cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordinates approval of pricing with appropriate management staff.
- Maintains and updates all trackers (RFP tracker, pricing Vendor VAF, etc…)
- Monitor service vendor performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements through the vendor scorecard evaluation process.
- Act as mediator between first and second tier service vendors during any lien/payment issues that may arise.
- Coordinate with operations team to forecast demand and create supply plans that ensure availability of services needed. Escalate risks as required to appropriate level of management.
- Manage all service vendor notifications (Safety stand downs, procedures, etc…)
- Attend and organize meetings, presentations, conference calls, and training sessions as directed by the Senior Director of Procurement.
- Meet with new and existing service vendors concerning vendor solicitations, initiatives and product presentations, identify the interest from the project team and if required, coordinate the vendor approval process with the vendor contracts team.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Periodic air travel may be required
The Qualities You Possess
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic environment
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often; Solid written and verbal communication skills; ability to establish relationships internally
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or 3+ years equivalent working experience in the telecommunications field
- 3 years of experience working with contracts with 2+ years’ experience in contract preparation and negotiations
- 3+ years’ experience in working with vendors and vendor related issues.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of contract language, contract layout and varying possibilities of contract content.
- Good negotiation process knowledge and skill with the ability to convincingly articulate Nexus’s position while working through opposing views.
- Ability to develop working relationships with vendors.
- An ability to review and analyze a situation and develop and articulate an opinion detailing an action plan, a choice of alternatives, a summarization or a conclusion.
- A team player who can work with a wide range of personnel from administrative assistants and specialists to upper management.
- General knowledge of the telecommunications industry and its constituent companies.
- Cultivated understanding that working with vendors requires integrity, objectivity, professionalism and doing what is in the best interest of the company.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize requests and projects in order of those having the greatest need.
- Spreadsheet and word processing skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.