- San Antonio, TX
Who Are We?
We are Gladiators! At Velex, no challenge is too tough! No tower too high. No, is not a word we understand. Our Gladiators bring quality, safety and superior field expertise as we build the most dangerous towers, rooftops and specialty cell structures. We climb higher!
Who We're Looking For:
Are you a Gladiator? Velex is currently looking for a Construction Supervisor to join our growing team in the San Antonio, TX area. The Construction Supervisor is expected to manage crews on the construction site and implementation of cell site upgrades.
What You'll Do:
- Represent company on site walk for project opportunities as requested
- Represent company on site and in field as the single point contact for projects assigned
- Manage in-house crews and subcontractors performing work on projects assigned
- Manage material orders and deliveries in alignment with schedules
- Work to reduce costs through good planning and timely execution of the work
- Manage all required documentation and deliverables required by customers
- Responsible for P&L for projects assigned; coordination with Operations Manager
- Responsible for developing and adhering to project budgets
- Responsible for safety on all projects
- Responsible for accurate and timely field reporting and invoicing
- Maintain quality control
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often
- Ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company mission and exemplify leadership behaviors.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Substantial experience at the project level to perform wireless projects assigned
- 5 to 10 years experience in the telecommunications industry in an organization of similar or greater complexities with the capacity to understand and manage multiple projects, multiple customers and personnel
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable and the ability to drive long distances on and off road and to tow trailers
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical; must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time
- Must be available to travel up to 100% for weeks at a time if required and flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
- Local to market
- Periodic air travel will be required