Director, Business Development – Verizon
- Middletown, NJ
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Director, Business Development Champion on the East Coast, preferably Northern NJ.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for leading the Nexius business development initiatives within assigned accounts (Verizon) in the wireless industry; Complete responsibility for all revenue generation
- Identifies new opportunities and providing input into Nexius delivery Organizations
- Works closely with the leadership of each clients' buying groups to address their business needs as well as create new requirements
- Develops account strategies, along with associated tactics, that include establishing clear roles and advising specific activities of other Nexius team members (i.e. Sales Directors, Delivery, Operations;) Positions Nexius as the vendor/solution of choice
- Builds an efficient sales team
- Professionally prepares written documentation required for client presentations, RFP's and other documents as required
- Utilizes advanced business development skills to advance business, lead the sale and build business case(s); This includes detailed technical requirements analysis, cost versus technical benefit analysis and obtain customer agreement on financial payback determinations, and professional board room presentations to groups
- Successfully achieves predefined sales objectives
- Organizes and runs weekly business development meetings; Conducts regular reviews with delivery/partner team
- Works independently as a remote employee; is a self-starter with good team work and great communications skills
- Regular Internal Reporting
The Qualities You Possess:
- A natural relationship developer with exceptional communication skills
- A work ethic to drive projects and tasks to finish on time, overcoming any obstacles along the way
- Team player and team builder who promotes collaboration and positive work environment.
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Has a willingness to travel as the business demands
- Understands business-to-business sales on a corporate level
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- College education - Post secondary education (preferably a Business or Technical Degree) Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Large account sales / Operator sales
- Wireless Telecom industry experience
- Established relationships with client's decision makers
- Proven Track record in successfully achieving complex technology solution based sales and contract negotiations
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.