Senior Construction Manager
- San Francisco, CA
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Sr. Construction Manager Champion to join our growing team in the San Francisco Bay area. The Sr. Construction Manager will be responsible for utilizing expertise in wireless project management to develop strategies in order to effectively build, manage, deploy and operate a large-scale metropolitan market and/or region. They will support the Market Manager on all development activities for a defined project, including supporting our internal network deployment team.
What You'll Do:
- Build, manage and motivate all members of the team.
- Support Market Manager by tracking project objectives, resource loading, and timelines.
- Support Market Manager on continuous improvement initiatives and oversee process improvement teams.
- Communicate project status reports to the customer and executive leadership team including risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Manage fast track, large-scale multifaceted telecommunications projects with emphasis on electrical, construction, tower lighting and, monitoring
- Manage daily calls and deliverables from multiple vendors to review projected forecasts for the day/week for construction starts, completions and rejections
- Ensure daily/weekly reporting to client is accurate and on track
- Oversee a Quality Control group
The Qualities You Possess:
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and written skills and demonstrate ability to manage multiple personnel/tasks simultaneously
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work flexible hours and under pressure
- A work ethic to drive projects and tasks to finish on time, overcoming any obstacles along the way
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in wireless facilities construction, preferably with broadcast, microwave, and wireless site construction experience and should have experience specifically in new site build construction, UMTS site construction or LTE site construction.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, as well as previous experience working with NORAD, CASPR and Siterra is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.