- San Antonio, TX
Who Are We?
We are Gladiators! At Velex, no challenge is too tough! No tower too high. No, is not a word we understand. Our Gladiators bring quality, safety and superior field expertise as we build the most dangerous towers, rooftops and specialty cell structures. We climb higher!
Who We're Looking For:
Are you a Gladiator? Velex is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team in the S. TX Market / San Antonio, TX area. The Project Manager will be responsible for utilizing expertise in wireless project management to develop strategies in order to effectively build, manage, deploy and operate a large-scale metropolitan market and/or region. They will support the Market Manager on all development activities for a defined project, including supporting our internal network deployment team.
What You'll Do:
- Build, manage and motivate all members of the team
- Support Market Manager by tracking project objectives, resource loading, and timelines
- Support Market Manager on continuous improvement initiatives and oversee process improvement teams
- Communicate project status reports to the customer and executive leadership team including risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Manage fast track, large-scale multifaceted telecommunications projects with emphasis on electrical, construction, tower lighting and monitoring
- Manage daily calls and deliverables from multiple vendors to review projected forecasts for the day/week for construction starts, completions and rejections
- Ensure daily/weekly reporting to client is accurate and on track
- Oversee a Quality Control group
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- 5+ years experience in wireless deployment projects to include sales support and project management
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills, P&L experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy
- Local to the S. TX Market
- Strong and Lengthy Experience with S. TX's various municipalities including all Planning, Zoning, Permitting and Site Development requirements
- Knowledge of approval process and expected lead-times through all S. TX geographic regions.
- Previous experience working with the Utility Companies is a Plus
- Experience with the design/permitting of wireless equipment applications on wood utility poles (Communication, Power and Above Power Space Locations), in addition to street & traffic lights
- Knowledge of utility company design and mounting requirements of what’s allowed and where
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide quick and accurate course correction