Director of Operations
- Frisco, TX
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Director of Operations Champion to join our growing team in Frisco, TX, however, location is flexible. The Director of Operations role at Nexius is primarily focused on executing the company’s strategy related to new business opportunities as well as the expansion of existing business. This is a collaborative role that involves working with the executive and cross-functional teams to develop short, mid and long-term strategic goals, creating and presenting business case(s) justifying the strategies and executing on the agreed plan. By working closely with Nexius’ existing and potential clients, the Director of Operations will lead the development of creative and innovative solutions to resolve customer challenges as they expand and maintain their networks, introduce new technologies and grow their market share. As such, the Director of Operations will establish Nexius as a thought and delivery leader that will create opportunities for growth that are yet to be discovered.
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to work cross-functionally and interactively with executive level team member, a diverse mix of internal teams and clients
- Strong commitment toward establishing new and championing existing shared goals in order to meet the company’s strategic objectives
- Develop the strategy, along with associated tactics for creating new business opportunities within and outside the telecom industry
- Identify new opportunities; applications for Nexius’ services, and provides input into the delivery organizations to assist in furthering these efforts; this includes working closely with customer decision makers, delivery and any relevant /service end users
- Work closely with the leadership of each clients’ buying groups to address their business needs as well as create new requirements
- Strive towards ensuring pledged delivery dates are met while at the same time fortifying these important relationships
- Professionally prepares written documentation required for client presentations, RFP’s and other documents as required
- Utilize advanced business development skills to advance business, lead the sale and build business case(s); this includes detailed technical requirements analysis, cost versus technical benefit analysis and obtain customer agreement on financial payback determinations, and professional board room presentations to groups
- Experience in the development and execution of customer contracts
- Organize and run weekly business development meetings
- Conduct regular reviews with delivery/partner team
- Regularly report/present detailed customer information for purposes of keeping company executives informed, as well as keeping customer contact and company databases including customer profiles) current
- Mentoring new and existing team members, both direct and indirect reporting
- Ability to establish team requirements as well as assisting with recruiting, hiring and training until new teams are self-sustaining
- A strong communicator and a great listener, enabling you to interact effectively with Nexius teams and clients
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- The expertise to solve problems, drawing on your past experience and using existing resources
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring
- 10+ years within the Telecom Industry with a primary focus on experience Wireless and Advanced Technologies and large account sales / Operator sales
- Five+ years in a management / executive / leadership role with direct interface to client executive teams
- Experience and knowledge in end-to-end wireless services associated with network engineering, site acquisition and infrastructure implementation and maintenance
- Executive level presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility on work schedule and travel requirements
- Proven Track record in successfully achieving solution based sales and contract negotiations or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Clear driving record to be eligible to drive for business reasons
- Has a willingness to travel as the business demands
- Understands business-to-business sales on a corporate level
- Excellent relationship development skills and communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor degree required, Masters Desired
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.