- Coppell, TX
Who Are We?
We are Gladiators! At Velex, no challenge is too tough! No tower too high. No, is not a word we understand. Our Gladiators bring quality, safety and superior field expertise as we build the most dangerous towers, rooftops and specialty cell structures. We climb higher!
Who We're Looking For:
Are you a Gladiator? Velex is currently looking for a Civil Technician to join our growing team in the Coppell, TX area.
What You'll Do:
- Perform electrical construction to include, but not limited to site layout, trenching and excavation, H-frame installation, cabinet placement, light fixture installation and replacement, conduit installation, wiring and cabling, panel installation, meter bases, grounding, cad welding, concrete slabs, and other tasks on and around cell towers.
- Pickup/Deliver tools, materials, equipment, cabinets, etc., via company vehicle (towing trailer if applicable)
- Responsible for the upkeep of all company-issued tools and equipment
- Follow proper safety procedures when using power tools and test equipment
- Maintain and submit complete and accurate files/logs/pictures/reports as determined by supervisor and/or other management personnel.
- Develop and maintain a positive company image, to provide a strong example of quality, safety, and professionalism both internally with fellow employees and externally with customers
- Provides superior customer service, ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
- Follow detailed methods of procedure (MOP), electrical codes, and standard building practices, to perform proper installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Adhere to all driving requirements as determined by State and Federal regulations
- Adhere to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA) standards/regulations
- Maintain a clean and presentable vehicle at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Setting high standards of performance; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
- Minimum of 1-year experience installing and terminating AC and DC power systems.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend, and build from construction drawings and documents: site, structural, architectural, and electrical.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, and common construction practices and requirements: Conduit fill, required depths, wire ampacities, etc.
- Must be organized, with strong attention to detail, and have the ability to work with limited supervision.
- A valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical, if required to drive a company vehicle.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
- Must have basic computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office and company email.
- Must be able to follow all safety policies and procedures while maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
- Must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- Periodic air travel will be required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & back-filling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- Must have accurate hearing, speech, vision, and color recognition.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; a Journeyman electrical license preferred
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is non-exempt based on the FLSA laws. Velex uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.