OSP/ISP Field Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for an OSP/ISP Field Engineer Champion in the Seattle, WA area.
What You’ll do:
- Responsible for the design, permitting and submission of work orders and instructions to construction personnel in the build-out of fiber optic outside plant facilities/network.
- Create the detailed design for cable and associated infrastructure in deployments of Fiber-to-the-Home, Fiber-to-the-Tower, point to point Metro Area Networks and Intercity Networks.
- Take high-level planning objectives and standards and produce work orders, job prints/maps, materials list, permit applications and method of procedure documentation for the procurement and construction of outside plant fiber optic networks.
- Familiarity with local permitting and franchising requirements or ability to determine local requirements
- Must have a full understanding for outside plant installation and maintenance technician activities
- Optical transmission engineering, maintenance and repair activities.
- Experience and understanding of GIS software solutions for the cable telecom industries
- Coach and train other engineers.
- Responsible for the coordination of construction activities, responding to field and construction inquiries and change requests, and completion of as-built documentation.
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- Outside Plant Design, Engineering and Construction experience.
- Has great communication skills and fresh perspectives
- Lives or wants to live in the Seattle Metro Area
- Enjoys working with a great team of internal and external customers
- Seeks to find solutions prior to presenting problems
- Combines proven technical skills with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills to successfully deliver over the course of the deployment cycle
- Uses a strong work ethic to navigate a variety of daily responsibilities
- Has a persistent, will do what it takes to get it done, attitude
- Understands the importance of responsiveness and holds those deliverable teams accountable to that standard
- Is a progressive thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Wants to help us deliver innovative end-to-end technology services worldwide
- Project Management and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of NEC Codes
- Knowledge of Building infrastructure. (fire rated and load bearing walls)
- Experience with CAD and GIS software applications for engineering design, workflow and order management.
- Experience with GE Smallworld GIS/CAD software application.
- Familiarity with Rural Utilities Service (RUS) specification of units of work, specifically 515a-d.
- Experience with various fiber cable technologies, including blown fiber, Corning Flex-Nap, and various PON solutions and architectures.
- Experience with fiber optic testing standards, equipment and processes.
- Must be willing to and able to perform minor cable routing, equipment mounting corrections, and splicing.
- Experience with Aerial, Buried and Underground fiber cable Design.
- Ability for routinely travel to local job sites for field engineering, site survey and auditing purposes.
- Ability to periodically travel to company, customer and construction sites within the USA.
- Periodic air travel will be required
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.