- Coppell, TX
Who Are We?
We are Gladiators! At Velex, no challenge is too tough! No tower too high. No, is not a word we understand. Our Gladiators bring quality, safety and superior field expertise as we build the most dangerous towers, rooftops and specialty cell structures. We climb higher!
Who We're Looking For:
Are you a Gladiator? Velex is currently looking for a CivilForeman to join our growing team in the Coppell, TX area.
- Perform light-climbing general construction of tower sites to include, but not limited to: site layout, clearing, excavation, concrete foundations/slabs, tower assembly, trenching/conduit installation, Ice Bridge, H-frames, fencing, aggregate roads/compounds, cabinet placement, wiring, securing, maintenance/repair, and other tasks in accordance with specified work orders
- Pickup/Deliver supplies, tools, equipment, cabinets, batteries, etc., via company vehicle (towing trailer if applicable)
- Responsible for the upkeep of all company-issued tools and equipment
- Follow proper safety procedures when using electrical test and communications equipment
- Lead and manage a crew of 2-4 employees
- Mentor junior crew members
- Maintains and submits complete and accurate files/logs/pictures/reports as determined by supervisor and/or other management personnel
- Develops and maintains a positive company image, both internally with fellow employees and with customers
- Provides superior customer service, ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
- Follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform installation and maintenance of equipment
- Develop and maintain a positive company image and provide a strong example for crew members for quality, safety, and professionalism
- Adhere to all driving requirements as determined by State and Federal regulations
- Adhere to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA) standards/regulations
- Vehicle remains clean and presentable at all times
- Other duties as assigned
The Qualities You Possess:
- Setting high standards of performance; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
- The ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions; be organized with strong attention to detail and have the ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- The ability to read, comprehend and build from construction drawings and documents: site, structural, architectural, and electrical.
- A basic working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, and common construction practices and requirements: Conduit fill, required depths, and wire ampacities.
- Minimum of 1-year experience installing and connecting AC and DC power supply systems.
- Strong leadership skills, and be able to lead a team.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical, if required to drive a company vehicle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, team player, and results-oriented.
- Basic computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office products and company email.
- Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures while contributing to and maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
- Candidates must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including extended overnight stays up to weeks at a time if required.
- The ability to sit, stand, kneel, or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & backfilling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- Must have accurate hearing, speech, vision, and color recognition
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, and 3-5+ year(s) recent construction, electrical, technical or mechanical experience.
- A valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable.
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road, and to tow trailers.
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is non-exempt based on the FLSA laws. Velex uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.