Civil Technician I
- Coppell, TX
Who Are We?
We are Gladiators! At Velex, no challenge is too tough! No tower too high. No, is not a word we understand. Our Gladiators bring quality, safety and superior field expertise as we build the most dangerous towers, rooftops and specialty cell structures. We climb higher!
Who We're Looking For:
Are you a Gladiator? Velex is currently looking for a Civil Technician I to join our growing team in the Coppell, TX area.
What You'll Do:
- Performs light-climbing general construction of tower sites to include, but not limited to: site layout, clearing, excavation, foundations/slabs, tower assembly, trenching/conduit installation, ice bridge, h-frames, fencing, aggregate roads/compounds, cabinet placement and securing, maintenance/repair and other tasks in accordance with specified work orders.
- Picks-up/Delivers supplies, tools, equipment, cabinets, batteries, etc., via company vehicle (towing a trailer if applicable).
- Responsible for the upkeep of all company-issued tools and equipment.
- Maintains and submits complete and accurate files/logs/reports as determined by supervisor and/or other management personnel.
- Develops and maintains a positive company image, both internally with fellow employees and with customers.
- Provides superior customer service, ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
- Adheres to all driving requirements as determined by State and Federal regulations.
- Adheres to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA) standards/regulations
- Vehicle remains clean and presentable at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
- Setting high standards of performance; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- Must possess the ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions; be organized with strong attention to detail and have the ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be a self-starter, team player and results oriented.
- Must be able to follow all safety policies and procedures while contributing to and maintaining a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Candidates must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- The ability to sit, stand, stoop for extended periods of time.
- Must have accurate hearing, speech, vision, and color recognition
- Periodic air travel will be required
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and recent construction, electrical, technical or mechanical experience
- A valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road and to tow trailers
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed