- Chicago, IL
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Project Manager Champion to join our growing team in the Chicago, IL area and locations Nationwide. The Project Manager will be responsible for utilizing expertise in wireless project management to develop strategies in order to effectively build, manage, deploy and operate a large-scale metropolitan market and/or region. They will support the Market Manager on all development activities for a defined project, including supporting our internal network deployment team.
What You'll Do:
- Build, manage and motivate all members of the team.
- Support Market Manager by tracking project objectives, resource loading, and timelines.
- Support Market Manager on continuous improvement initiatives and oversee process improvement teams.
- Communicate project status reports to the customer and executive leadership team including risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Manage fast track, large-scale multifaceted telecommunications projects with emphasis on electrical, construction, tower lighting and monitoring
- Manage daily calls and deliverables from multiple vendors to review projected forecasts for the day/week for construction starts, completions and rejections
- Ensure daily/weekly reporting to client is accurate and on track
- Oversee a Quality Control group
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often.
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- 5+ years experience in wireless deployment projects to include sales support and project management.
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills, P&L experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy
- Local to the Market
- Strong and Lengthy Experience with the local market's various municipalities including all Planning, Zoning, Permitting and Site Development requirements
- Knowledge of approval process and expected lead-times through all local market geographic regions.
- Previous experience working with the Utility Companies is a Plus
- Experience with the design/permitting of wireless equipment applications on wood utility poles (Communication, Power and Above Power Space Locations), in addition to street & traffic lights.
- Knowledge of utility company design and mounting requirements of what’s allowed and where
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide quick and accurate course correction
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.