- Chicago, IL
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Construction Manager Champion to join our growing team in the Chicago, IL area and locations Nationwide.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for working with the site development team to design a cost effective site.
- Oversee project design by assisting with site sketches for inclusion in lease documents, review and approval of site plans for zoning, permitting and construction. Ensure the most economical and best construction practices are utilized.
- Review bill of materials to ensure proper usage within client guidelines
- Track, review and approve closeout documents and general contractor change orders
- Database and timeline updates to track adherence to project deadlines.
- Ensure quality construction standards and adherence to project plans. Coordinate QA processes and resolution including all punch-list items.
- Maintain safe work environments, monitor safety process of contractors, compliance with regulations.
- Oversee completion of closeout documentation, quality of build and adherence to client processes
The Qualities You Possess:
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often.
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Thorough understanding of cellular/pcs equipment configurations.
- Experience in the local market
- Minimum 2 years in facilities construction, preferably with broadcast, microwave, and wireless site construction experience.
- Preferred experience in new site build construction, UMTS site construction or LTE site construction.
- Strong communications skills with a polished ability to communicate both formally and informally with multiple, distinct audiences, including internal teams, senior management, customers, contractors, and external resources.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, as well as previous experience working with NORAD, CASPR and Siterra is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- Periodic air travel required
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.