Sr. Site Acquisition Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Senior Site Acquisition Specialist Champion to join our growing team in the Oakland and Modesto Markets. The Senior Site Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for handling all aspects of leasing and zoning wireless sites and driving the site acquisition process from search ring issued through lease and zoning completion. This position interfaces with RF Engineering, Network Operations, Network Design and Construction Management teams.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in new small cell candidate selection, data collection, and validation efforts
- Submit zoning/permitting applications, attend hearings as needed, and obtain all municipal, county or state land use approvals as required
- Prepare lease package and NTP documents as required by customer
- Support project tracking and scheduling requirements and maintain all project information and documentation
- Facilitate communication meetings between internal organizations and project teams to drive successful projects along with support of the project manager and other project resources during the course of the project lifecycle
- Take ownership of the data collection, validation efforts and associated database updates (AccuV, Siterra, SiteTraker, etc.)
- Learn customer processes and tools and support customer requirements
The Qualities You Possess:
- Focus on the customer and making customers and their needs a primary focus of your actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Close attention to detail and accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Excellent communication skills by clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- 5+ years of related Site Acquisition experience preferred with a wireless industry, legal or real estate background
- Experience working with local municipalities to procure zoning approvals, encroachment, and building permits
- Must be comfortable presenting at zoning hearings and answering questions from the public on project details.
- Understanding of web-based project and document systems required
- Expert with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Very organized, ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy; authorized to work in the United States
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.