Site Acquisition Specialist
- Westford, MA
Who We Are:
We are Nexius, and we’re using the power of curiosity, excitement and intelligence to shape the future of communications. Every day, our talented team members are working with communications providers in 25 countries, designing and building their networks to accommodate new customers and new services, and providing strategic services and business intelligence to help them make smart decisions that keep their businesses competitive and growing.
Network operators partner with our Network Deployment group for its continuous, ahead-of-the-curve innovation, and progressive approach to building networks that advance schedules, reduce costs, and increase quality of service. Our delivery teams leverage state-of-the-art software and automation tools, such as AccuV, providing unequaled consistency, accuracy, and visibility.
Who We’re Looking For:
A Site Acquisition Specialist to join our growing team in the Westford, MA (Boston) area. The Site Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for handling all aspects of leasing and zoning wireless sites and driving the site acquisition process from search ring issued through lease and zoning completion. This position interfaces with RF Engineering, Network Operations, Network Design and Construction.
What You'll Do:
- Obtain all municipal, county or state right of way approvals as required
- Negotiate leases based on preferred RF networks and at a reduced cost for small cell sites
- Understand current market lease rates in the MA area and all lease terms and work with legal and carriers on business term approvals
- Support project tracking and scheduling requirements and maintain all project information and documentation
- Facilitate communication meetings between internal organizations and project teams to drive successful projects along with support of the project manager and other project resources during the course of the project lifecycle
- Assist in the data collection and validation efforts
- Learn customer processes and tools and support customer requirements
The Qualities You Possess:
- Focus on the customer and making customers and their needs a primary focus of your actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Close attention to detail and accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Excellent communication skills by clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- 5+ years of related Site Acquisition experience preferred with a wireless industry, legal or real estate background
- Active MA Real Estate License preferred.
- Experience working with local municipalities to procure zoning approvals, encroachment, and building permits,
- Must be comfortable presenting at zoning hearings and answering questions from the public on project details.
- Experience engaging with the in-house carrier attorneys on legal reviews
- Understanding of web based project and document systems required
- Expert with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access is a plus) and previous experience with Site Traker preferred
- Very organized, ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy; authorized to work in the United States