Tower Technician II
- Oklahoma City, OK
Who We Are:
We are Velex, and we bring superior technical and field expertise to projects in the varied – and often challenging –tower and cell sites that power communications in both wireless and wireline scopes.
Velex employees are highly trained to bring quality and safety to even the most hazardous tower, rooftop and specialty cell structures.Who We're Looking For:
A Tower Technician II to join our growing team in the Oklahoma City, OK and Little Rock, AR Market area. The Tower Technician II is Tower Technician II is expected to complete scopes of work assigned while ensuring safety, quality, timelines, and financial expectations are met for commercial deployment of services. Work items include grounding, installation of antennas, all types of antenna mounts, microwaves, coax lines, TMA’s, RF jumpers, remote electrical down-tilts / Bias-T’s, remote radio heads, fiber/DC Hybrid cables, sweep and PIM testing, site audits, and maintenance type items. They will adhere to OSHA / NATE / customer and industry wireless standards and quality.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure work is performed and completed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations, including assistance with permits as well as inspections
- Climb tower sites to conduct repair
- Technical support when necessary
- Punch list generation and resolution during the course of normal project schedule and in advance of any customer inspections
- Operation and adjustment of commonly used tools in the wireless industry efficiently
- Frequent performance of duties in outside weather conditions w/ occasional exposure to inclement weather conditions
- Work at extreme heights and on roof tops
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
- Experience with and the ability to climb towers 100+ feet tall, with a 50 lb. load
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the work day
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time
- Travel Requirements: Must be available to travel up to 100% for weeks at a time if required
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable if required to drive and the ability to drive long distances on and off road and to tow trailers
- Must be 21 years of age or older if required to drive
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical if required to drive
- Must be able to pass a drug and background test
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, instruction manuals, blueprints, and specifications
- Local to the market
- Periodic air travel will be required
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
- 1+ years of experience climbing and working on Towers
- Experience with GSM, UMTS, Carrier Adds, and LTE
- DAS experience is a plus
- Experience with installation, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems as they relate to equipment installation and failure
- Experience testing and working with Fiber
- OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (will provide training)
- Comtrain or Fall Rescue certification preferred (will provide training)
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is non-exempt based on the FLSA laws. Velex uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.