Site Acquisition Manager
- Frisco, TX
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Site Acquisition Manager Champion to join our growing Network Deployment team in the Dallas area. The Site Acquisition Manager will be responsible for identifying, surveying, and leasing, wireless telecommunications sites. Ensure the timely acquisition of signed leases in the quantity and at the rate required by the client contract. Someone with proven experience leading projects to acquire sites in a short time frame; can manage several site acquisition service requirements; good communication skills and can present data and forecasts accurately to clients; demonstrated leasing experience with cellular sites for major operators; zoning and planning experience; building permit process experience; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct and oversee land/building acquisitions, leasing and site locations required for telecommunications installations.
- Oversee market real estate acquisition operations, ensure that assignment and scheduling of work follow timeline, evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- May serve as a point of contact for the community and/or government agencies. May be involved in managing zoning regulations.
- Preparation of Landlord and tower company applications
- Oversee in the completion of Zoning and Permit applications for submittal to jurisdictions and coordinate the zoning process with outside counsel and vendors
- Work directly with Site Acquisition Specialists and assist in all aspects of project
- Quality control, data entry and tracking of Site Candidate Packages, Lease Agreements, and other Site Acquisition documentation
- Manage the Coordination, scheduling, and tracking of site visits and technical team visits with various departments
- Coordinate, order and track title, environmental reports, regulatory reports, lease exhibits and plans
- Obtain Landlord approval on Construction Drawings and zoning/permit applications
- Prepare and update site status reports/databases, site close-out packages, and attend client meetings as required
- Travel to other markets as needed; air travel will be required
The Qualities You Possess
- A strong communicator and a great listener, enabling you to interact effectively with Nexius teams and clients
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to work with partners across different time zones
- A work ethic to drive projects and tasks to finish on time, overcoming any obstacles along the way
- The expertise to solve problems, drawing on your past experience and using existing resources
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and 5+ years of experience in the site acquisition management experience in the wireless communications industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in wireless telecommunications, or other demonstrated project coordination experience.
- Knowledge of site acquisition processes, leasing, and zoning terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer/reporting skills, including a high level of proficiency with MS Excel and other database/project management tracking tools.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and work effectively with limited supervision.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work under aggressive project schedules.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.