- Reston, VA
Nexius is a technology solutions provider, integrating community-sourced, software-driven innovations, to create more intelligent networks, from inception to execution. We are fearless liberators of network potential, agitating for the infinite network.
- A fast-paced, well-funded start up
- A flat organization with an open-door policy for every member of the company
- A challenger brand
- An incubator of talent
An ACE Software Developer to start out in Reston, VA but be willing to relocate or travel as needed! Our Accelerated Career Enhancement (ACE) Program may be for you if you have 0-2 years of experience. We want to help you grow your career and skills through direct mentoring, training and development programs in various departments. As part of our ACE program, you must be willing to work hard, learn quickly, dream big, and tackle challenges to build a strong foundation to start your career. We can't wait to see what you can do!
What You’ll Do:
You will be cross-trained in Big Data, Open Stack, Virtualization, ECOMP, and Contrail. Regardless of your familiarity with any of these technologies, you will be given the opportunity to develop your career and expertise while working with the newest technologies under the guidance of industry experts. If you have the Nexius DNA, this is a great opportunity to grow and thrive with us.
The Qualities You Possess:
- A curious mind, identifying new trends and diving into new learning opportunities.
- A passion for collaboration, working together to tackle problems and create great things.
- A desire to seize opportunities, take initiative, and follow through until closure.
- The ability to take constructive criticism as a positive, and use it to become better.
- Clear communicator who also listens well, follows directions, asks questions, challenges the status quo.
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- Java, JBPM, Python, C
- Critical thinking skills with an eye for detail
- Clear communicator who listens, follows directions and asks questions
- Excited to learn and try new things
- A willingness to travel to project locations
- Understanding of a wireless telecommunications network and architecture a Plus
To be eligible for hire by Nexius for this job, an individual must be a US citizen, a US national, an asylee, a refugee, a lawful permanent resident, or a person who is authorized to work in the United States without the need for the submission and approval of employer-specific visa petitions to obtain such employment authorization. This eligibility for hire provision does not apply to any current Nexius employees.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is non-exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.