Tower Technician I-A
- Coppell, TX
Who We Are:
We are Velex, and we bring superior technical and field expertise to projects in the varied – and often challenging –tower and cell sites that power communications in both wireless and wireline scopes.
Velex employees are highly trained to bring quality and safety to even the most hazardous tower, rooftop and specialty cell structures.Who We're Looking For:
A Tower Technician I to join our growing team in the Coppell, TX area. The Tower Technician I will perform grounding, terminations, fastening, and proper bolting of materials. The Tower Technician I will assist on the overall job on the ground work and support all lead technicians on the tower.
What You'll Do:
- Perform grounding, terminations, fastening, proper bolting and antioxidant use, support of leads, cad welding as required, etc.
- Assist on overall job on ground work as well, all tasks required to build and install a site per customer specs, maintain safe work environment, daily use and completion of JSA forms, assisting with overall crew work, maintenance of vehicles and equipment, etc.
- Will continue to work towards training and certifications for tower related work
- Learn how to read and understand drawings, piping diagrams, job specifications, mounting specs, testing procedures, etc.
- Work in a team environment on the crew and be a valued member of the team and the company
- Ensure work is performed and completed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations, including assistance with permits as well as inspections
- Climb tower sites to conduct repair
- Technical support when necessary
- Operate commonly used tools in the wireless industry efficiently
- Frequent performance of duties in outside weather conditions w/ occasional exposure to inclement weather conditions
- Work at extreme heights and on rooftops
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- Ability to and experience with climbing towers 100+ feet tall, with a 50 lb. load
- Computer literate
- Must be able to pass a drug and background test
- Valid driver’s license and insurance and driver history that complies with company motor vehicle policy
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, instruction manuals, blueprints, and specifications
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time
- Must be available to travel up to 100% for weeks at a time if required and flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical if required to drive
- Local to the market
- Periodic air travel will be required
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
- 1+ years of experience climbing and working on Towers preferred
- Experience with GSM, UMTS, Carrier Adds, and LTE preferred; DAS experience is a plus
- Installation, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems as they relate to equipment installation and failure preferred
- Experience testing and working with Fiber preferred
- OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (will provide training)
- Comtrain or Fall Rescue certification preferred (will provide training)
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is non-exempt based on the FLSA laws. Velex uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.