Sr. LTE RAN Hardware/Lab Engineer
- Denver, CO
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Sr. LTE RAN Hardware/Lab Engineer Champion to join our growing team in the Denver, CO area (Must be local to the area and authorized to work in the US).
What You’ll Do:
- Overall lead engineer for testing and optimizing the initial rollout of an LTE TDD small cell deployment for a major US operator
- Working closely with the client, set up a small cell lab test environment including LTE Small Cell hardware, RF test environment, RF test equipment, and mobile device equipment.
- Create detailed test scenarios and cases to thoroughly test small cell features and RF performance in a shielded lab environment and an over-the-air controlled field environment
- Analyze small cell and device logs to troubleshoot failed test cases. Work with RAN and device vendor to resolve and retest failed test cases.
- Provide overall planning for the initial deployment in several cities after lab testing is completed.
- Support field teams to plan drive routes and field testing process (log analysis, test cases, and performance metrics)
- Analyze drive test results to characterize the RF performance and coverage and assess the quality of the user experience.
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace
- Attention to detail and accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
The Skill and Background You’ll Bring:
- Thorough knowledge of typical lab configurations to support LTE small cell testing (e.g., LTE Small Cell hardware, RF test environment, RF test equipment, and mobile device equipment)
- 10+ years of LTE RAN testing and RF optimization experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of LTE protocols and technology
- Experience with troubleshooting device and RAN performance and functionality
- Experience working both in a lab and field environment
- Understand of RF coverage, capacity, and quality metrics
- A Bachelor's degree is required in either engineering or applied sciences
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.