OSP Design Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Who Are We?
We are Champions! Since 2001, Nexius has grown into a leading telecom services provider in the US. Why? Because we understand victory and weakness is not in us! Every day we draw strength from our colleagues and work hard to design and deploy the best Telecom networks in the US. We are unique in combining Technology, Software, Network Engineering and Network Deployment services to provide our clients with the full network life cycle expertise. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest companies in the U.S. including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Samsung, Dish, American Tower, Charter, Cox and many others.
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for an OSP Design Engineer Champion in the Seattle, WA Metro Area.
What You'll Do:
- Acceptance and interpretation of Field Notes and instructions from construction personnel for the build-out of fiber optic outside plant facilities/network to include OSP underground or aerial path and ISP within customer premises and entering into NDS, other GIS systems, and CAD.
- Create the detailed design and narrative for fiber cable and associated infrastructure in deployments aerial or underground fiber to homes, business, multi-dwelling units and network access points.
- Create / update fiber details in NDS and other GIS software system which may include BOM, engineering codes used by customer/carriers and the creation of drawings, elevations, and diagrams used by construction personnel.
- Use high-level planning objectives and standards and produce work orders, job prints/maps, materials list, permit applications and method of procedure documentation for the procurement and construction of outside plant fiber optic networks.
- Coach and train other engineers.
- Interface with and respond to customer, field and construction inquiries and change requests, and completion of as-built documentation.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Great communication skills and fresh perspectives
- Enjoys working with a great team of internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic to navigate a variety of daily responsibilities and seeks to find solutions prior to presenting problems
- Persistent, do what it takes to get it done, attitude
- Progressive thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- Telecommunications Outside Plant Design, Engineering and Construction experience; must have a full understanding of outside plant installation and maintenance technician activities as well as customer
- Experience and understanding of NDS, GIS and CAD software with an emphasis on outside/inside plant telecommunications systems
- Able to work within the Pacific Time Zone core hours with the team if working remotely
- Meet customer demand for quick turnaround times
- Assist in Pre-Fielding information by gathering data and screenshots from NDS prior to construction walks and aiding in CAD creation if performed outside of Nexius
- Train and assist internal employees and contractors contributing to the NDS Engineering efforts for all programs
- Combines proven technical skills with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills to successfully deliver over the course of the deployment cycle
- Understands the importance of responsiveness and is accountable to that standard
- Project Management and issue resolution
- Knowledge of NEC Codes
- Knowledge of Building infrastructure (fire rated and load bearing walls)
- Experience with CAD software applications for engineering design, workflow and order management
- Familiarity with Rural Utilities Service (RUS) specification of units of work, specifically 515a-d
- Experience with various fiber cable technologies, including blown fiber, Corning Flex-Nap, and various PON solutions and architectures
- Experience with fiber optic testing standards, equipment and processes
- Experience with Aerial and Underground fiber cable design
- Availability for routine travel to local job sites for field engineering, site survey and auditing purposes
- Ability to periodically travel to company, customer and construction sites within the USA
- Periodic air travel will be required
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.