Fairmont Gold Lounge Attendant - Part Time
- Job-Category: Rooms
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Schedule: Part-Time
Do great things with great people and come be a part of our story. Make something incredible. Your future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Fairmont Pacific Rim. Be a part of a progressive hotel that embraces the culture and vibrancy of Canada’s most beautiful city - Vancouver. Distinctly West Coast, the hotel delivers unique experiences through creativity, artistry, and elevated hospitality, while remaining at the forefront of elevating the art, music and fashion programming in the city.
Why work for Fairmont Pacific Rim?
- Be a part of a progressive hotel that embraces the culture and vibrancy of Canada’s most beautiful city - Vancouver
- A competitive rate of $25.60 per hour
- Complimentary meal through our Colleague Dining Program
- Travel reimbursement program for a TransLink monthly pass
- Exclusive access to the Pacific Northwest Food & Beverage Discount Program with 50% off at our dining destinations in Vancouver, Victoria, and Whistler
- Extensive benefits package including health, paramedical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance for those meeting eligibility requirements
- Company-matched pension plan and ability to enroll in the Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP) for those meeting eligibility requirements
- Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbor views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality.
- Complimentary hotel stay for newly hired employees with breakfast for two through our BE OUR GUEST program
- Distinctly West Coast, the hotel delivers unique experiences through creativity, artistry, and elevated hospitality, while remaining at the forefront of elevating the art, music and fashion programming in the city.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Provide professional, friendly and engaging Five Star Service
- Ensure all Fairmont Gold Standards and operating procedures are adhered to
- Basic bartending and wine service
- To set up, maintain and close down a seamless restaurant styled service and buffet presentations in the Fairmont Gold Lounge
- Replenish product offerings on buffets according to Fairmont Hotels and Resort standards.
- Clear tables and reset for next guests arrival.
- Food & Beverage side duties and preparation
- Maintaining par stocks of all Food & Beverage inventories and items
- Luxury style lounge service
- To follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Liaise with VIP Concierge and culinary kitchen team to ensure a smooth service operations
- Monitor maintenance of physical Fairmont Gold product
- To follow all safety policies
- Comply with Accor policies, procedures and code of ethics
- All other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous Food & Beverage, concierge or guest services experience in a luxury setting
- Serving it Right certification required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Command in multiple languages is an asset
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine & spirits and ability to make cocktails
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Passion for luxurious guest service
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Physical Aspects of Position including but not limited to:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling lifting up to 50 lbs
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Your team and working environment:
- Be a part of Forbes Five Star and AAA 5 Diamond hotel, be a member of the finest Front Office team
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS