Guest Services Agent- Novotel Miami Brickell
- Job-Category: Rooms
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Schedule: Full-Time
Discover a tranquil retreat two blocks from the heart of the Financial District at Novotel Miami Brickell. Featuring a lobby design inspired by the city’s beachfront culture and colors, our contemporary Downtown Miami hotel is adjacent to Simpson Park, a preserved swath of hardwood forest. Sweeping views of the tree canopy, framed by skyscrapers and sparkling Biscayne Bay, give our rooftop pool and bar the feel of a tropical resort.
When you’re ready to explore the area, it’s less than a 10-minute walk to South Miami Avenue and its buzzing bars, tempting restaurants and upscale shopping centers. Business travelers can make the short stroll to financial institutions and corporate offices on Brickell Avenue. A nearby Metrorail stop puts the rest of the city within easy reach. Enjoy seamless connections to the cruise port and top Miami attractions, including Bayfront Park, FTX Arena and Vizcaya.
At Novotel Miami Brickell, the best of the city is at your doorstep.
Purpose: Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors, perform concierge tasks, upsell services as much as possible, and serve as an ambassador by welcoming everyone with a genuine smile and caring attitude.
Reports to: Front of the House Managers
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department for facilitate early arrivals, departures, rooms blocks, VIP needs, etc.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
- Excellent phone & verbal communication skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ensures of room discrepancies.
- Oversees blocking of special room requests for next day’s arrivals.
- Coordinates and oversees the daily bucket check.
- Maintains a neat and orderly control desk and area.
- Consistently presents a polished and professional role model image to guests, coworkers, and other departments.
- Complete job duties as listed on their shift checklist in a timely manner and alerts manager or supervisor if assistance needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the front desk management.
- Coordinates out of order rooms with housekeeping.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- All room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled daily group activities.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
- Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
- Access all functions of computer system.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies.
- Answer department telephone within _3__ rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
- Process all guest check-ins.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist PBX with switchboard duties.
- Assist with Reservations calls. Handle all Reservation calls after 5 m.; process, record and follow up any details relative to such.
- Provide Concierge service.
- Assist in other Front Desk areas as assigned.
- Provide guest room tours.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
Tools and Equipment:
- Use of Opera (PMS), Micros, Word.
- Use of telephone system.
- Use of department paging/radio communication system
- Sitting, walking, standing, bending, writing, typing, filing
- Exert physical effort in transporting 25 pounds to guests or other hotel areas.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Remain in stationary position for several minutes/hours throughout work shift.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Some college or training in Hospitality Industry.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
- Fluency in other languages desired.
- Previous experience as Front Desk Agent.
- Previous cashiering experience.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Previous guest relations training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.