Mixologist - Novotel Miami Brickell
- Job-Category: Food & Beverage
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Schedule: Full-Time
Discover a tranquil retreat two blocks from the heart of the Financial District at Novotel Miami Brickell. Featuring a lobby design inspired by the city’s beachfront culture and colors, our contemporary Downtown Miami hotel is adjacent to Simpson Park, a preserved swath of hardwood forest. Sweeping views of the tree canopy, framed by skyscrapers and sparkling Biscayne Bay, give our rooftop pool and bar the feel of a tropical resort.
When you’re ready to explore the area, it’s less than a 10-minute walk to South Miami Avenue and its buzzing bars, tempting restaurants and upscale shopping centers. Business travelers can make the short stroll to financial institutions and corporate offices on Brickell Avenue. A nearby Metrorail stop puts the rest of the city within easy reach. Enjoy seamless connections to the cruise port and top Miami attractions, including Bayfront Park, FTX Arena and Vizcaya.
At Novotel Miami Brickell, the best of the city is at your doorstep.
Purpose: To provide efficient friendly customer service at all times and to maintain a clean, professional top quality bar.
Reports to: Chef & Beverage Director, Dining Manager and F&B Supervisor
- Responsible for setting up bar area.
- Adhere to predefined drink service guidelines and responsible for beverage familiarization.
- Implements beverage service.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance following the Novotel Grooming standards.
- Maintain an awareness of liquor costs and minimize waste, which may raise them.
- Must be familiar with all policies related to liquor liability laws.
- Close the bar.
- Must be familiar with all revenue-related procedures.
- Must serve all guests in consistent manner, using the Novotel F&B Standards.
- Maintain an awareness of all functions, events and meetings taking place at any given time.
- Control heavy volume at bars and pool areas.
- Knowledge of hotel property.
- Inform the guest about buffets, hotel activities and community.
- Attend to and anticipate guest’s needs.
- Familiarization with restaurant and bar menus, knowledge of daily specials.
- Greeting guests. Anticipate guest’s needs to create an amazing experience.
- Do Daily outlet requisitions
- Responsible to maintain the cleanliness of the bars
- Responsible to follow FIFO procedures at the bars.
- Place orders into the Silverware POS System.
- Label daily perishables
- Label dairy products
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to work in the lobby bar and pool bar.
- Ability to take food orders and serve food and beverages to guests.
- Ability to handle cash, vouchers, coupons, credit cards.
- Assist with IRD when required
Tools and Equipment:
- Coffee maker/urn, toaster, microwave, beverage machines, bus trays, dishware, silverware, glassware, queen-mary cart, telephone, pen/pencil
- Interior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Bus and set-up tables in the lobby areas and pool as needed improve services.
- Maintain a clean and attractive bar and surroundings.
- Follows Novotel Miami Brickell grooming standards and uses proper vocabulary.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing of supply carts.
Proper PPE Usage
- All heartists are required to wear masks and disposable gloves. Gloves should be changed between cleaning tasks. Hands should be washed as soon as possible after gloves are removed.
- Follow standards on how to remove disposal gloves
- Follow standards on how to properly wear a mask safely
Products, Cleaning Agents, and Equipment
- Cleaning products provided by the EPA with proper labeling on the bottles.
- Do not mix products and using them for the right purpose.
- Cleaning protocols before and after shifts is mandatory for all positions, including and not limited to all tools and equipment used by heartists
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.