Houseperson- Novotel Miami Brickell
- Job-Category: Rooms
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Schedule: Full-Time
Discover a tranquil retreat two blocks from the heart of the Financial District at Novotel Miami Brickell. Featuring a lobby design inspired by the city’s beachfront culture and colors, our contemporary Downtown Miami hotel is adjacent to Simpson Park, a preserved swath of hardwood forest. Sweeping views of the tree canopy, framed by skyscrapers and sparkling Biscayne Bay, give our rooftop pool and bar the feel of a tropical resort.
When you’re ready to explore the area, it’s less than a 10-minute walk to South Miami Avenue and its buzzing bars, tempting restaurants and upscale shopping centers. Business travelers can make the short stroll to financial institutions and corporate offices on Brickell Avenue. A nearby Metrorail stop puts the rest of the city within easy reach. Enjoy seamless connections to the cruise port and top Miami attractions, including Bayfront Park, FTX Arena and Vizcaya.
At Novotel Miami Brickell, the best of the city is at your doorstep.
Purpose: To service guest rooms in accordance with Novotel Miami Brickell Standards.
Reports to: Executive Housekeeper, Assistant Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisors
- Responds to all guest requests appropriately. Always greet our Guests warmly with a smile, call them by name whenever possible.
- Responsible for servicing an assigned number of guest rooms
- Keeps the supply cart and immediate work areas neat and organized at all times
- Checks all equipment prior to and after its use to ensure that it is in good working order
- Removes room service tables, trays and garbage from guest rooms
- Strip bed using proper techniques and change bed linens on a daily basis
- Removes soiled towels and replace as needed
- Place soiled linens and towels down linen chute.
- Clean shower walls, tub, sink vanity (all items on counter ), toilet and floor on a daily basis
- Spot clean walls, window glass and sill, doors and baseboards
- Dust and clean all furniture daily, including chairs, lamps, desk, tables and TV.
- Replace any stationery items and in-room amenities as needed
- Replace any used drinking glassware with sanitized ones
- Replace terry and robes as needed
- Clean refrigerator, ice bucket, coffee maker, telephones, clock/CD/radio, TV remote
- Cleans all mirrors and picture frames throughout room on a daily basis
- Ensures all light bulbs throughout room are working and replace as needed and/or call for assistance
- Hand in any articles (lost and found) to a Supervisor or turn it in to the housekeeping/loss prevention office
- Recycle at every opportunity (newspaper, glass bottles, etc.)
- Knows and uses all the Heartist Model and Novotel Miami Brickell standards for the department.
- Performs any special duties as assigned by management.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Greet Guests meeting the 10/5 standard
- Enters guest room following appropriate security standards
- Have knowledge of overall hotel facility and various services
Tools and Equipment:
- The Heartist Model Culture: Enlivens the guest experience by applying Novotel Miami Brickell Core Principles and standards daily.
- Operate vacuum cleaner and handling procedures of various cleaning chemicals (SDS, right to Know program and Blood borne Pathogens).
- Use of telephone system
- Use of department paging/radio communication system
- Constant mobility (walking, standing, bending, use of hands), lifting up to 25 lbs., pushing of carts or luggage like carts, bags with linens or trash.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.