Director of Food & Beverage - Novotel Miami Brickell
- Job-Category: Food & Beverage
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Schedule: Full-Time
Discover a tranquil retreat two blocks from the heart of the Financial District at Novotel Miami Brickell. Featuring a lobby design inspired by the city’s beachfront culture and colors, our contemporary Downtown Miami hotel is adjacent to Simpson Park, a preserved swath of hardwood forest. Sweeping views of the tree canopy, framed by skyscrapers and sparkling Biscayne Bay, give our rooftop pool and bar the feel of a tropical resort.
When you’re ready to explore the area, it’s less than a 10-minute walk to South Miami Avenue and its buzzing bars, tempting restaurants and upscale shopping centers. Business travelers can make the short stroll to financial institutions and corporate offices on Brickell Avenue. A nearby Metrorail stop puts the rest of the city within easy reach. Enjoy seamless connections to the cruise port and top Miami attractions, including Bayfront Park, FTX Arena and Vizcaya.
At Novotel Miami Brickell, the best of the city is at your doorstep.
Position: Food & Beverage Director
Department: Food & Beverage, Culinary, Banquets
Purpose: Set the vision and provide leadership and direction to drive guest and team member engagement, achieve operational and financial excellence and uphold brand standards ensuring quality, consistency and production of the Culinary & Food and Beverage operations of the hotel.
Reports to: General Manager
- Develop and communicate a strategy for culinary & FOH that is aligned with the property and brand and lead in its execution.
- Establish goals to optimize performance and of the culinary & FOH teams
- Provide inspirational leadership to BOH & FOH Heartist.
- Supervise and manage Heartist and day-to-day operations understanding positions well enough to perform duties in Heartist absence. Ensure and maintain the productivity level of Heartist.
- Exhibit culinary & FOH talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
- Coordinate menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation and presentation for the restaurant.
- Ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Heartist and respond quickly and proactively to Heartist concerns.
- Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action. Respond quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns and take ownership of guest complaints/problems until they are resolved or addressed.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting Heartist to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Meet with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on food & beverage quality, service and overall satisfaction.
- Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and provide opportunities for growth and development to maximize talent.
- Develop the culinary & beverage budgets, and monitor financial performance to ensure goals are met or exceeded. Maintain a positive cost management index for departmental operations.
- Oversee the financial aspects of culinary & beverage; including purchasing and payroll.
- Ensure proper controls are in place and polices are established and followed by all Heartist.
- Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular meetings).
- Recruit and select talented leaders and Heartist
- Create a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent. Ensure the environment of the department emphasizes motivation, empowerment, team work, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Preparation of annual budget with GM.
- In charge Food & Beverage: Restaurant & Bars, Culinary, Banquet, Room Service, Mini Bar
Tools and Equipment:
- Computer and printer, typewriter, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine,
file folders, filing cabinet, facsimile machine
- Interior of hotel, in all areas of the hotel.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages.
5 years of experience as a Director of Food & Beverage.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Drug Free workplace
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employee benefits and discounts card
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your hotel and around the world!
- Training and professional development within Accor
- Annual bonus for results
- Other benefits of the region