Pastry Cook 1 - Full Time
- Job-Category: Culinary
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Schedule: Full-Time
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
Why work for Fairmont Pacific Rim?
- Wonderful company culture – our colleagues are at the heart of all we do
- A competitive rate of $30.85 per hour
- Complimentary meal through our Colleague Dining Program
- Excellent training with the opportunity to build a successful career
- Fun work environment
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Travel reimbursement program for a Translink Monthly pass
- Extensive benefits package including health, paramedical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance for those meeting eligibility requirements
- Company-matched pension plan and ability to enroll in the Group
- Complimentary hotel stay for newly hired employees with breakfast for two through BE OUR GUEST program
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to the Executive Pastry Chef you will review the daily BEO’s and prepare the necessary food items in accordance with Fairmont standards in a timely and efficient manner
- To assist in the preparation and baking of dough, cookies, muffins, sponges, custards, meringues, mousse, icing and other pastries
- Able to store and handle all baked goods
- Assist with plating for banquet functions, outlet orders and day to day production
- Understanding of basic Pastry Kitchen terminology
- Kitchen maintenance and cleaning. Following food safety requirements.
- Maintaining proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize spoilage
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
- Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and Food Safety guidelines. Ensure that all ECOSURE standards and processes are completed on a daily basis, this includes but isn’t limited to filling out daily temperature logs, labelling and dating of items as well ensuring food storage areas are cleaned daily.
- Food preparation and cooking, plating, presentation
- Apply 5 Diamond and 5 Star Service Standards at all times
Your experience and skills include:
Creative and passionate about food and customer service
Able to work in a high-pressure environment
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Your team and working environment:
- Work with a diverse and passionate team dedicated to creating lasting impressions on our guests by providing award winning food.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS