Restaurant General Manager, Rundle Lounge
- Job-Category: Food & Beverage
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Schedule: Full-Time
Join the team at Fairmont Banff Springs. Set in one of Western Canada’s most spectacular alpine destinations, Banff offers a unique community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It's the perfect work/life combination.
Restaurant General Manager, Rundle Lounge
As the Restaurant Manager, you will provide a vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team and ensures quality, efficiency and superior service. This position will be responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operation and will play an integral role in the training of employees and leaders. The Restaurant Manager is also responsible for making sure the concept is applied and promoted via the operations’ decisions.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status employees
- One complimentary meal per shift in our staff cafeteria (additional meals can be purchased for $4/meal)
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Vision & Dental) including extended benefits like; Mental Health (up to $5,000/year), Orthodontics (up to $2,500/year), Fertility Drugs and Gender Affirmation (Lifetime maximum of $10,000) for full time permanent status employees
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer matching up to 5% of annual earnings for full time permanent status employees
- Employee travel program with discounts on room rates as well as on food & beverage at Fairmont & Accor properties world-wide
- Access to the Mountain Explorer Travel Program – exclusive room rates for colleagues, which includes 50% off all food & beverage when staying at Fairmont Resorts in Lake Louise, Jasper & Whistler (subject to availability)
- Comprehensive wellness platform (LifeWorks) for employee mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts while using our resort’s Food & Beverage Outlets, Fitness Centre, Spa and Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Courses
- Automatically added to our resort’s Colleague Lifestyle Program which includes access to staff activities and events
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
This position will be reporting to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Oversee the recruitment, mentorship and development of department leaders (team of 4-5 Assistant Managers/Supervisors)
- Lead, teach, coach and inspire a team of 40-60 Heartists resulting in excellent guest satisfaction ratings
- Ensure restaurant maintains budgeted levels of profitability by managing expenses such as beverage cost and labor cost and maximize revenues on a daily basis by managing reservations, turnaround times, average checks, menu mix, ect.
- Participate in monthly forecasting and month end commentary in regards to financials goals and achievements
- Assume responsibility for cleanliness, repair and maintenance and reporting any deficiencies
- Conduct regular scheduled departmental meetings and assume transparent and efficient communication
- Recognize and correct guest service issues through presence on the floor
- Analyze data and trends to crate strategies for improvement while being innovative and upholding Fairmont standards
- Liaise with department involved as needed (conference service managers, front office, accounting)
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum two years of senior experience in F&B management in a full service four or five start properties
- Strong beverage and culinary knowledge
- Pro Serve certified
- Must be computer literate including Excel, Word, Power Point, Menu Design program, Social Media Platforms
- Post secondary degree in Hospitality and Food & Beverage Management is considered an asset
- Proven records of effective leader and team player
- Proven track record of strong financial and cost control knowledge and applications as required
- Flexible, ability to work mornings, days and evenings, to work well under pressure and accountable for decisions
- Strong written and verbal abilities
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor? We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in at Fairmont Banff Springs, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com