Director of Workforce Strategy & Automation
- Seattle, WA, USA
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Director, Capabilties-Workforce Strategies, Automation, and Scale reporting to VP, Capabilities will have direct oversight of developing new capabilities such as, IVA - intelligent virtual assistant, Smart Routing, WFS, Channels & communication strategy, Quality Management Scale strategy and capabilities, and Task and Workload Management. This role will set the strategic vision and drive execution for many important company initiative, utilizing forward thinking to scale, automate, and improve overall business performance. This role will include working closely with the engineering, data science teams, and other areas of the business, managing and influencing people that support overall experimentation efforts and operational readiness. This person will also work closely with the Member Engagement Capability Owner, Clinical Capability Owner, the clinical team, customer partnerships, sales, solution marketing, service delivery and solutions teams to prioritize short term and long term operational and market priorities to increase the effect and return on investment for members taking action. This person will leverage strong management skills and display a relentless commitment to our customers with excitement to take on new challenges.
A day in the life…
- Own strategy and vision around driving Workforce Strategy, Automation for Scale
- Lead and develop a culture of experimentation and innovation
- Create and track success metrics and roadmap, prioritizing long-term and short-term initiatives that are aimed at scaling our business
- Partner closely with Operations leadership to design new concepts and capabilities to transform process and operating models that ensure solution quality, efficiency and scale
- Responsible for the execution and performance of the strategies related to the driving workforce, workflow, and other forms of automation and scale impacting members and FLCT.
- Runs a team where responsibilities include setting OKRs, KPIs, and managing the development, readiness, and execution of new capabilities.
- Brings focused domain expertise and holistic ownership of end-to-end considerations and impacts for new ways to automate and scale our business.
- Establishes a twelve to eighteen month vision for capability as well as short term strategy and execution needs
- Partners with stakeholders across the organization to inform and set the capabilities vision, strategy, market requirements, operational requirements and prioritization
- Sets mid-to-long term objectives, including KPI measures and action planning to achieve objectives and key results
- Works with stakeholders throughout the business, including new business units, to identify and prioritize new capabilities for automation and scale that are needed to be successful from a operational service and market perspective
- Demonstrates leadership over cross-functional teams to align critical dependency areas for successful new capability update or launch
- Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the capability: service delivery quality, outcomes, gross margin impacts; uses data to improve capabilities
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including customer partnerships, sales, service delivery, solutions marketing, engineering, experience/application owners, etc. to understand strengths and opportunities for capability improvement
- Aligns and partners closely with Experience Owners to ensure consistent experiences
- Develop capability hypotheses and test experiments to maximize capability KPI success.
- Partners with sales/solutions marketing to understand offering and market requirements, collect market feedback and continually evolve the capability to ensure competitiveness
- Provides strong leadership through thoughtful talent recognition, coaching, development, and performance management
- Manages Data and Segmentation investment prioritization and development needs.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor of Science and/or Master's Degree in Business, Data Science, Healthcare, Marketing, or related field
- 10+ years of member marketing, communications, workforce strategy, call center automation-related experience in the healthcare industry
- 3+ years of experience of leadership experience
- Strong background in technology that drives communications, call center automation and/or marketing
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skill.
- Self-starter with ability to lead projects and build new products from the ground up independently
- Attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, and execute methodically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a must
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary with a positive attitude and fit with the Accolade team culture
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across an organization to influence and achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals
- Proven creativity in the solutions and operational execution that you've helped deliver
Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered, if not currently employed by Accolade, Inc. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
Please note that a request for exemption due to a personal preference not to receive a vaccine is not protected by law. All requests for exemptions from this mandate shall be directed to the Company recruiter who shall route the request to the Company’s human resources department.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.