Data Analyst, Business Intelligence
- Seattle, WA, USA
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. We help millions of people and their employers navigate the complexities of the healthcare system with empathy, expertise and through exceptional service while supporting them in lowering the cost of care and improving health outcomes. Accolade blends technology-enabled health and benefits solutions, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians and access to expert medical opinion services for high-cost treatment decisions. We consistently receive consumer satisfaction ratings over 90 percent and have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Top Place to Work 2020 and Business Intelligence for Excellence in Customer Service 2020. Please visit us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and at accolade.com.
The Business Analyst for Solutions and Growth reporting to VP, Solutions & Growth, will own the creation of insights to drive overall product and operational improvement, scale, and quality across offerings. This role requires building expertise in business use of Accolade data and developing insights to inform critical decisions, supporting investigation of metrics, and validating data on the Accolade platform. If you want to work in a highly collaberative, data-driven team, love fast-paced agile development methodology, are curious and analytical then this is the place for you.
A day in the life…
- Write/program/develop and implement visual data reports and build personalized, interactive data visualizations, reports and dashboards from multiple data sources.
- Retrieve ad-hoc data and conduct analysis using various data management systems including writing advanced SQL queries
- Support cross-functional teams on day-to-day project and product initiatives with data
- Build product requirements for new types of data necessary to expand meaningful insights
- Participate in the definition of application scope and objectives through research and fact finding and influence the technical design processes. Prepare technical reports, procedures and process maps to document systems and workflows
- Work with the business to process requirements and convert them into meaningful reports as well as be able to train and communicate the reports to the business stakeholders.
- Assist with process definition and library of reusable objects (fields, calculations, KPI, etc.).
- Solve issues with minimal direction, identifies data related problems and provide scalable solutions.
- Communicate and present the reports to the business stakeholders
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, end users and project team members to identify and resolve issues regarding all phases of assigned projects, including assessment, design, testing, training, and implementation
What we are looking for…
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business, Information Management, Computer Science Engineering or related fields.
- 2-5+ years of working experience (incl. internships, volunteer and research positions), or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Intermediate SQL scripting languages (T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Experience in Reporting tools like Qlikview, QlikSense
- Experience managing and optimizing large datasets for visualization
- Data warehouse concepts and experience in working on SQL Server/AWS Redshift
- Experience with Big Data solutions including Hadoop (Hive, Impala)
- Experience working with Metadata, MDM, and Data Quality tool suites.
- Experience with cloud based database solutions (Amazon Redshift etc.).
- Experience with predictive analytics and forecasting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong results orientation with a high degree of organization and follow through
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and achieve results
- Ability to work on multiple assignments
- Excellent communication and customer service skills to resolve end-user issues quickly and accurately, with the ability to develop reports that meet customer requirements.
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach required, with the ability to remain focused on the bigger picture while working in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding and effective application of project management techniques for low to moderately complex projects.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.