Intern, User Experience
- Seattle, WA, USA
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. We help millions of people and their employers navigate the complexities of the healthcare system with empathy, expertise and through exceptional service while supporting them in lowering the cost of care and improving health outcomes. Accolade blends technology-enabled health and benefits solutions, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians and access to expert medical opinion services for high-cost treatment decisions. We consistently receive consumer satisfaction ratings over 90 percent and have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Top Place to Work 2020 and Business Intelligence for Excellence in Customer Service 2020. Please visit us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and at accolade.com.
Serve as an integral member of the UX team, working closely with UX Designers, Researchers, SMEs, and Product Owners to help understand and prioritize users needs, create designs and solutions for a variety of internal and external users, conduct user research and share the findings with stakeholders, and collaborate with developers to bring new experiences to life.
A day in the life...
As the UX Intern, reporting to the Director of User Experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- Work closely with UX team and and other product stakeholders to translate business and customer goals into user value, using user-centered design techniques.
- Be a strong advocate for the user – evangelizing user-centered design practices and the importance of usability within the development groups, our company, and other cross-functional organizations.
- Translate existing processes and workflows into new modern experiences – following an established set of design guidelines and helping refine our style guide as the products evolve.
- Create prototypes to demonstrate functionality for user testing and presenting concepts to stakeholders.
- Lead discovery research to analyze user needs, behaviors, attitudes; then translate research findings into clear insights and actionable recommendations.
- Present findings to stakeholders using compelling deliverables that provide clear results, actionable insights, and recommended next steps.
- Help lead iterative research throughout the design process to vet concepts and validate designs.
- Collaborate between cross-functional teams spread out between multiple locations and time zones to drive the best solution.
What we are looking for...
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and user-centric design environment.
- Understanding of user-centered design methods with a deep knowledge and application of user-centeric philosophies and interaction design best practices
- A portfolio showcasing designs for multiple digital platforms and screen sizes including web, mobile, and responsive design.
- Strong visual and interactive design skills; attention to detail down to pixel perfect execution
- Experience working with and contributing to a set of design and interaction guidelines to drive consistency across a large product suite
- Prototyping skills using tools like Axure to demonstrate rich interaction; familliarity with HTML and CSS is a plus
- Experience with information architecture, task-flow models, storyboarding, wire-framing, creating design specifications and guidelines
- Experience conducting focus groups and interviews, running usability tests, evaluating user feedback and successfully translating the findings to design solutions
- Experience presenting findings to various stakeholders, leveraging research and data to tell a meaningful story about the user and delivering actionable insights.
- Self-motivated, highly communicative, follows direction, and is able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
What is important to us...
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others:
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done:
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful:
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare:
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
*All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.