User Experience (UX) Intern
- Plymouth Meeting, PA, USA
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
Serve as an integral member of the UX team, working closely with UX Designers & Researchers, SMEs, and Product Owners to help improve the tools and processes used by our health advisors to assist our members – viewing members’ health plan benefits, claims history, conducting provider searches, providing behavioral health support, maternity support, and prompting them with smart recommendations – all leading to more informed decisions and better health outcomes for our members.
- Work closely with UX team and and other product stakeholders to translate business and customer goals into user value, using user-centered design techniques.
- Be a strong advocate for the user – evangelizing user-centered design practices and the importance of usability within the development groups, our company, and other cross-functional organizations.
- Translate existing processes and workflows into new modern experiences – following an established set of design guidelines and helping refine our style guide as the products evolve.
- Create prototypes to demonstrate functionality for user testing and presenting concepts to stakeholders.
- Lead discovery research to analyze user needs, behaviors, attitudes; then translate research findings into clear insights and actionable recommendations.
- Present findings to stakeholders using compelling deliverables that provide clear results, actionable insights, and recommended next steps.
- Help lead iterative research throughout the design process to vet concepts and validate designs.
- Collaborate between cross-functional teams spread out between multiple locations and time zones to drive the best solution.
A day in the life…
Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? If yes, read on!
As a UX Intern, you will work with a passionate and driven UX team to shape the next generation of applications that revolutionize how people experience healthcare. Every day you will be solving hard problems at internet scale, using world class modern tools and technologies.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and user-centric design environment.
- Understanding of user-centered design methods with a deep knowledge and application of user-centric philosophies and interaction design best practices
- Strong visual and interactive design skills; attention to detail down to pixel perfect execution
- Experience working with and contributing to a set of design and interaction guidelines to drive consistency across a large product suite
- Prototyping skills using tools like Just in Mind or Axure to demonstrate rich interaction
- Experience with information architecture, task-flow models, storyboarding, wire-framing, creating design specifications and guidelines
- Experience conducting focus groups and interviews, running usability tests, evaluating user feedback and successfully translating the findings to design solutions
- Experience presenting findings to various stakeholders, leveraging research and data to tell a meaningful story about the user and delivering actionable insights.
- Self-motivated, highly communicative, follows direction, and is able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines