Mgr, Talent Management
- Plymouth Meeting, PA, USA
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease. Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care. By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60. The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.
Are you hungry to make a big impact? Do you want to change the world and put your stamp on an organization going through explosive growth? At Accolade we know that our people are the heartbeat of the company so it’s mission critical that we scale our culture and continuously re-imagine our employee experience as we grow. As the Manager of Culture & Employee Experience you will lead the strategy around how we champion our culture, measure employee engagement, and curate a best in class employee experience so our employees can do their best work. This is an exciting “dream” opportunity for someone who is deeply passionate about company culture and employee engagement, likes to roll up their sleeves and play a hands-on role in everything from the strategic to tactical, and craves being part of a purpose-driven company. Come join our powerful team and shape what the future of HR looks like at one of the most promising Healthcare Tech companies.
A day in the life…
Employee Experience Strategy:
- In partnership with Talent Management Leadership, create a vision to shape programs to curate an amazing professional collection of key “moments that matter” throughout the employee journey (i.e. joining Accolade, having a child, being promoted, etc.)
- Develop, execute, and manage an employee experience strategy that is robust and sustainable as our company scales
- Cultivate and promote a workplace grounded in our cultural pillars, by building programs and crafting experiences that will make employees feel valued, part of the community and a champion for our members
- Build, launch and manage both new and current tools, processes, and experiences to drive higher levels of engagement and satisfaction across Accolade
- Create an evaluation strategy that addresses how we will measure the success of all employee experience initiatives
- Manage external partnerships and vendors, building and maintaining strong relationships with key connections
- Consult and contribute to ad-hoc People & Culture initiatives to support the employee experience
Culture - Scaling & Embedding Our Values:
- Serve as one of the key ambassadors of our Cultural Cornerstones and lead the charge on strengthening and embedding our values across everything we do with a particular emphasis on educating new hires
- In partnership with Total Rewards, reenvision tenure, peer, and values recognition programs and create a strategy to drive the right behaviors, celebrate our best and our brightest, and enhance engagement
Employee Feedback & Engagement:
- Act as the lead on how we ask, listen, and act on employee feedback internally and externally
- Design quarterly “Vitals” (Employee Engagement) surveys, activate participation, proactively analyze data and trends, and develop and share the story to drive action
- Facilitate the ongoing action planning process; monitor and track all action plans and report progress to success metrics
- Support engagement building initiatives that emerge from the data by bringing forward recommendations and solutions and partnering with Engagement Champions and to ensure execution
- Generate executive level summaries, data, and content for People & Culture functional reviews and ad hoc meetings
- Provide deep insight into what employees are experiencing using focus groups, interviews, and 1-1 connections
- Be the SME and consultant to the People & Culture Business Partners, enabling them with both the data and expertise to drive solutioning
- Partner closely with Internal Communications to surface themes, craft talking points, and find opportunities to weave updates and responses into corporate messaging (i.e. CEO blogs, Town Halls, etc.); write, edit and distribute a wide range of materials to support the employee experience
- Own the vendor relationship with our employee engagement tool, Culture Amp, and make recommendations on how to enhance the survey experience as new functionality becomes available.
- Lead the process to define and activate Accolade’s EVP and Talent Brand to consistently and authentically communicate our unique culture and employee experience
- Create engaging content and campaigns to showcase Life @ Accolade both internally (Slack and our intranet “The Beat”) and externally (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram) to attract candidates and create a strong sense of community and belongingness
- Compose ongoing People & Culture internal organizational life cycle and recognition communications for things such as promotions, internal movement, new hires, Culture Champions, etc.
- In partnership with Marketing, build, operationalize and execute a plan and communications strategy to apply for company, team, industry and individual awards to increase brand awareness. Measure the impact and ROI.
- Continue to maintain vigilance in strengthening the feedback loop by informally or formally responding to feedback/comments/questions on external sites such as Glassdoor
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field with 5-7 years in Talent Management, Talent Branding or a similar function, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- You’re compassionate and connected to our mission: You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, members, and customers and creating value for them.
- You’re a natural culture champion: You full-heartedly embrace our cultural cornerstones and naturally demonstrate them in everything you do
- You’re a storyteller: You are passionate about messaging our Accolade story and creating beautiful and engaging content to convey that message, regardless of audience
- You build collaboratively: You’re the consummate team player, able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with other team members to achieve results. Gifted at exerting influence without direct authority.
- You’re a data geek: You are energized by digging into data and using your expertise to draw meaningful insights from data to create strategy, tell a narrative and operationalize solutions.
- You’re a communication pro: Excellent verbal communicator, brilliant writer, strong editor to create compelling messaging and narratives, minus the corporate-speak.
- You’re flexible: You prefer a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are agile and comfortable enough to keep up as plans change and evolve.
- You’re a multi-tasking machine: You’ve demonstrated the ability to balance and manage multiple priorities and programs with accuracy, efficiency, and in a timely manner due to your strong organization and project management skills. You can build a plan, create and monitor milestones, prioritize initiatives, and develop the appropriate cadence of informing partners and senior leaders.
- You’re a self-starter: With an entrepreneurial spirit you take initiative and are comfortable being empowered to work independently. When you need help, you’re not shy to ask.
- You’re an outside-the-box thinker: You thrive off of trying new things and constantly look for new and improved ways to contribute to the People & Culture strategy.
- You get things done: You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small, with attention to detail and ensure projects in your area of responsibility meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments.
- You’re tech savvy: Demonstrated experience in working with new and emerging technology in this space as well as all programs in the Microsoft suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel, to simplify and propel your work.
- Extra plus (ideal but not required): Experience with Slack, the Culture Amp platform, social media, graphic design and/or event planning
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.