Senior User Experience Designer (Mobile - iOS & Android)
- Seattle, WA, USA
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
Accolade's User Experience Designers play a critical role in delivering world-class healthcare insights to our end users and clients through amazing web experiences. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals to innovate and capture the market on a mission to better the lives of millions of people. If you have far-reaching vision and are passionate about building game-changing products and services that delight customers, then this is a great opportunity to join a team fundamentally changing the health care experience.
A day in the life…
- Owns a large and complex feature set. Recognized leader cross functionally, within the product, UX and engineering organization leadership and across the business
- Accomplishes all tasks without supervision, leads team to clarify any issues and work through trade-offs
- Prioritizes delivery for feature set and strategy with little to no guidance. Coordinates with the business to jointly prioritize business requirements and strategy
- Owns design for at least one feature, product area and/or strategy beyond a single agile team. Expert in business and delivery options to evaluate and propose optimal product features and road map prioritization. Expert for the business in multiple areas. Seen as a leader across the organization.
- Presents work to senior leaders across the organization, including objects, strategy, and creative executions
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years of experience in delivering components in related design, technical, or business areas with a focus on designing for mobile; Healthcare design experience is a plus
- Mobile chat/messaging design experience is a plus
- Leads design process, tool, or methodology improvements over successive releases to improve quality and alignment to engineering processes
- Defines and sculpts vision for an area of the product
- Establishes and directs overall product composition, page flow, and the visual/sensory framework
- Optimizes navigation concepts and selection models within the product for fit within the product line with no conflict
- Reinforces and ensures consistent product-level conceptual models
- Ensures target end-user needs and aspirations are a top priority for design-related decisions
- Identifies design solutions in response to latent or anticipated socio-cultural trends
- Uses prototypes to communicate product-line concepts, narratives, and experience value propositions.
- Aids key stakeholders in identifying business requirements
- Defines the appropriate design approach. Delivers experience outcomes and designs that are compelling, consistent with the product/service values and themes, and meaningfully different than those of competitors
- Leads a process of continuous improvement for product/service designs and experiences through successive iterations, based on a cycle of human centered insight, design, and testing
- Experience working with researchers – conducting focus groups and interviews, running tests, evaluating user feedback and successfully translating the findings to design solutions
- Superlative communication skills, (oral and written) and ability to explain complex ideas, lead design decisions and trade-offs with multiple audiences with varying levels of technical and product understanding
- A disruptor who loves to change the way people behave, for the better. You put the customer at the heart of your process. And you can't wait to apply your UX design chops to deliver unconventional insights and solve major challenges
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.