User Experience Designer III (Mobile Applications - iOS / Android
- Seattle, WA, USA
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The UX Designer III is responsible for creating a best-in-class mobile experience that revolutionizes how people experience healthcare. Every day you will work to solve hard problems at internet scale, using world-class modern tools and technologies. Accolade's User Experience Designers play a critical role in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers. We are looking for a creative and innovative individual with a far-reaching vision and passion about building game-changing products and services that delight users.
If you believe in being a great teammate, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
Serve as an integral member of the UX team, helping lead the design of an award-winning mobile app used by our members to message their Health Assistant, navigate their benefits, review healthcare spending and claims history, and more – all leading to more informed decisions and better health outcomes.
A day in the life…
- Lead the end-to-end UX Design for the iOS and Android apps
- Work with a tight-knit agile team to design amazing mobile applications in an iterative fashion
- Collaborate closely with web designer to ensure a consistent cross-platform experience for our members
- Be a strong advocate for the user – evangelizing user-centered design practices and the importance of usability within the development groups, our company, and other cross-functional organizations
- Translate business and customer goals into user value, using user-centered design techniques to find the why behind everything we design and build
- Contribute to UI/UX best practices and help guide the future of our applications
- Lead discovery research to understand user’s needs, goals and pain points
- Use iterative design deliverables such as user flows, sketches and wireframes to communicate early design concepts
- Create prototypes to demonstrate functionality for user testing and presenting concepts to stakeholders
- Participate in iterative research throughout the design process to vet concepts and validate designs
- Be the trusted advisor and strategic partner for challenging & inspiring UX problems across the products you support
- Facilitate working meetings with business stakeholders to identify business objectives & requirements
- Lead collaboration between cross-functional teams spread out between multiple locations and time zones to drive the best solution
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience with a focus on designing for mobile; Healthcare design experience is a plus
- Experience designing for iOS and Android with a deep understanding of Google's Material Design and Apple's Human Interface Guidelines
- Mobile chat/messaging design experience is a plus
- Understanding of user-centered design methods with a deep knowledge and application of user-centric philosophies and interaction design best practices
- Strong visual and interactive design skills; attention to detail down to pixel perfect execution
- Experience working with and contributing to a set of design and interaction guidelines to drive consistency across a large product suite
- Applied knowledge of designing for accessibility needs
- Strong prototyping skills using tools like Just in Mind or Axure to demonstrate rich interactions
- Experience working with researchers – conducting focus groups and interviews, running tests, evaluating user feedback and successfully translating the findings to design solutions
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) complex ideas, design decisions and trade-offs with multiple audiences with varying levels of technical and product understanding
- Proven work efficiency and success within an agile product development environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks across multiple projects, balancing great design with meeting short deadlines
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid international growth; experience working with remote teams a plus
- Self-motivated, highly communicative, follows direction, able to produce results independently as well as part of a team
- A team player, willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves with some design work or other tasks needed to keep a project moving
- Highly curious, you crave challenges and never stop learning
- You're passionate about new technology, always eager for new ways to do things. You follow the latest trends, download the newest apps, and write/contribute to the relevant UX blogs
- A disruptor who loves to change the way people behave, for the better. You put the customer at the heart of your process. And you can't wait to apply your UX design chops to deliver unconventional insights and solve major challenges
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.