Data Engineer/Software Developer 1 (Python, Java & AWS)
- Plymouth Meeting, PA, us
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Software Data Engineer I is part of our enterprise data platform team that designs, builds and delivers V1 cloud native, service-oriented products to meet the growth trajectory of the company in data ingestion, processing and business intelligence needs. This role will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into world class software with the latest AWS technologies.
A day in the Life…
- Work closely with other developers, quality engineers, and DevOps to deliver innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems
- Design and implement highly performing EDW components used by internal Operations and Product teams
- Build an Enterprise Data warehouse consuming data from Telephony and CRM systems
- Build data ingestion engine, data processing using Python, synchronizing data between up and down stream systems; AWS RDS, Dynamo, RedShift, and s3
- Manage individual sprint tasks and deliverables
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of data engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has experience with data transformation/warehousing in addition to:
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Relational Data modeling experience
- Knowledge of Java/Python: scripting languages; Bash, Shell Script
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, particularly s3, RedShift, EC2, RDS, Dynamo
- Experience in building and working in a heavy agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- ·Excellent communication skills (written & oral), detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A quick learner with a passion to challenge him/herself outside of the comfort zone
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customers
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.