Intern, Product & Technology
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Software Engineer Intern (Mobile) reporting to Chris Diaz, Principal Engineer II, is responsible for the designing, building, and testing of mobile apps that will positively affect hundreds of thousands of users’ health and well-being. Specifically, this internship will include the following:
- Help with the designing and development of the Accolade mobile apps (Android and/or iOS) as well as our wearables (Apple Watch and/or Android Wear)
- Help with the setup and configuration of our build and continuous integration server.
- Help with writing and running unit tests, automation tests, and manual testing.
A day in the life…
- Work on new as well as existing features within our mobile apps.
- Collaborate with the team on designing the best and most optimal solutions to complexed features and problems.
- Have fun! Whether it’s playing some ping-pong, video games, happy-hour after, we want to make sure we have a great work-life balance.
- Majoring in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience programming in Java, Swift, Objective-C or similar Object-Programming language.
- Good concepts around programming best practices.
- Great communication and team player.
- BONUS: You have already written an app or two on your own (not including a school/class project).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.