UX Design & Research Intern
- Plymouth Meeting, PA, USA
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
Serve as an integral member of the UX team, working closely with UX Research Leader, Designers, SMEs, and Product Owners to help prioritize users needs, evaluate experiences at different stages of development and be responsible for conducting research and sharing the findings.
The UX Research Intern, reporting to the Senior Manager of User Experience, is responsible for …
- Analyze user needs, behaviors, attitudes, and research findings into clear insights and actionable recommendations.
- Work closely with UX Research Leader, UX Designers and and other product stakeholders to translate needs into actionable research objectives.
- Assist design team with creating wireframes, user flows, and design concepts.
- Identify opportunities for continued research, evaluation, and understanding.
- Work with Research Leader and UX Designers to determine appropriate research method based on stakeholder goals, and develop plans for research or testing.
- Facilitate moderated usability test sessions both in person or remote.
- Setup unmoderated usability studies using remote testing platforms (experience with Validately is a plus).
- Conduct user research across multiple platforms including desktop, native iOS and Android, and responsive web design.
- Present findings to stakeholders using compelling deliverables that provide clear results, actionable insights, and recommended next steps.
- Assist in developing user personas to guide how we develop new and existing products.
- Be a strong advocate for the user – evangelize user-centered design practices and the importance of usability within the development groups, our company, and other cross-functional organizations.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Prior experience in a similar role and user-centric design environment.
- Familiarity with a wide range of research methods (both qualitative and quantitative) including: remote and in-person moderated usability studies, unmoderated study setup, user interviews, field studies, survey design, competitive research, and heuristic evaluation.
- Ability to conduct end-to-end research projects with some assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in scoping, planning, designing, executing, and analyzing qualitative user research.
- Experience in creating and leveraging user personas.
- Experience presenting findings to various stakeholders, leveraging research and data to tell a meaningful story about the user and deliver actionable insights.
- Familiarity with human interface guidelines and how to leverage them to create a cohesive and consistent user experience.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passionate about research and representing the voice of the end-user and customer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.