Software Engineer Intern (Services)
- Seattle, WA, USA
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Architecture Intern reporting to the Principal Architect, to join our Platform Architecture team, help us iterate on some creative ideas and turn them into functional POCs with a vision of translating them into the core capabilities in the platform.
As an Architecture intern, you will get an opportunity to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from Product and Technology teams and walk through the entire lifecycle of the project using agile methodology, all in context of the innovative ideas.
A day in the life…
- Understand the Healthcare domain and ecosystem and the problem Accolade is trying to solve. This in combination with the company values and cultural cornerstones will be helpful in achieving the project objectives in alignment with the work culture
- Understand the platform tenets and the technology stack
- Work through the Inception, Elaboration and Construction of a well-encapsulated project around one or more creative ideas
- Participate in the discussions with the Product and Technology teams and see through the agile way of execution in a fast-paced environment
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Passion and Enthusiasm
- Strong desire to learn and perform in a high-pace environment
- Strong foundational knowledge of the computer science, software systems, databases and cloud based systems
- Basic understanding of software design fundamentals
- Hands-on in one of the high level programming languages – Java, C#, Python
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.