- 6263 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38119, USA
Accendi Group is an award-winning provider of business management services in the areas of compliance, human resources, learning, talent management, staffing, recruitment and workforce solutions.
Accendi Group is seeking a Training Consultant who will be responsible for the delivery of learning activities focused on providing customized business/industry workforce training. The right candidate will instruct classroom, webinar and onsite training as applicable. As an innovative learning guru, you will be comfortable in either classroom or corporate settings. Classes can be scheduled during the day, at night or on the weekend; at the client’s worksite, online or at our headquarters.
In this role you will assess the client’s business training needs, customize and/or develop and deliver the training. You will actively seek ways to identify new clients, close new business, and expand training opportunities with existing clients. You will improve instruction as you continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology to maintain relevancy.
The Training Consultant will provide soft skills training to Corporate clients on an on-call basis, particularly in the areas of compliance, customer service, diversity, leadership, management, supervisory and other human resource issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design programs, courses and content that are aligned with industry best practices and research in the areas of adult learning theory, human resources, high potential development, leadership, and coaching.
- Provide training and/or consulting to clients as needed.
- Assess training needs for clients in conjunction with leadership.
- Customize training content and format to fit client’s objectives.
- Provide instruction to clients in the areas of soft skills, such as leadership, supervisory skills, diversity, human resource issues, etc.
- Deliver training in 1 day to 3 day classroom formats, using relevant training materials such as texts, handouts, class exercises or assessment tools.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain compliance and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Attend scheduled meetings with client, and vendors.
- Maintain accurate records, including class schedules, student rosters, attendance and rosters. Strict observance of these procedures is required for on-going consideration for other training assignments.
- Generate new business to business (B2B) sales revenue by prospecting and adding new commercial customers.
- Cultivate new accounts and achieve sales plan in all key areas by networking and cold calling and driving new business with potential clients.
- Translate business opportunities into new sales revenue.
- Identify new accounts with significant sales potential.
- Maintain accurate daily record of activity, sales, customer information in sales databases.
- Develop sales campaigns and a consultative sales approach to win and retain business.
- Undergraduate degree. Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated, corporate training / subject-related industry/technical experience is required
- Proven track record in facilitation, learning and development and delivering training to a diverse audience
- Certifications in HR, Leadership courses (Leadership, Customer Service, etc.) is preferred
- Three to five years of experience using web-based application tools
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in the discipline of management, human resources, curriculum development, etc. with the ability to encourage clients to use critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of learning theory-motivational, perceptual, and emotional forces present in the learning process and the conditions which affect individual learning and change
- Knowledge of theories of leadership-alternative techniques and styles for guiding, motivation, and directing individuals under various situational conditions to achieve effective performance
- Knowledge of current developments in related fields of specialization with the ability to keep up-to-date on changes in policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge
- Ability to contribute and present innovative ideas for new curricula and programs
- Ability to demonstrate consideration of others
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language effectively
- Ability to clearly and effectively present ideas in discussion and oral presentations
- Ability to meet deadlines for reports and other required paper work
- Ability to customize training content and format to fit client’s objectives
- Ability to produce professional quality handouts and presentations
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Must be comfortable training in a corporate environment with the ability to interact professionally with corporate clients
Pay: Hourly rate, Commission, and Bonus is available.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
Accendi Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.