Director OR Senior Manager of Student Marketing (Depending On Experience)
- 301 Camp Craft Rd, West Lake Hills, TX 78746, USA
Academic Programs International (API) is a leader in international and experiential education.
Our mission is to design and deliver international experiences that inspire learning and enrich students, partners, and communities. We believe in the value of experiential education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development.
In doing so, we are also dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible, and affordable international experiences to students across the U.S.
The Director/Sr. Manager of Student Marketing and Operations will be responsible for the communication and outreach to our student audience via multiple digital channels, including email, PPC, geofencing and beyond. Working with a small, but scrappy team, this individual will guide and direct student segmentation, automation and reporting that is complex and growing. In this role, this person will be required to both manage people, as well as execute tasks, and will be responsible for tracking and measuring all activity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee the entire acquisition journey from awareness through the digital experiences that lead to targeted conversion events
- Oversee digital assets, identify when new assets are needed to support campaigns and guide the creation of those assets
- Guide the segmentation of student data from top of funnel and further into the engaged tier where students will be segmented by such categories as destination, major, and desired program timeframe
- Assist in building automations that are both simple and scalable, while managing the complexity and variety of student needs and interests
- Build a cross-channel customer engagement strategy to include the creation of omni-channel digital experiences
- PPC advertising and geofencing campaign ideation, development, and execution, tracking closely for ROI insight
- Marketing analytics and reporting implementation and operations, including the development of a regularly updated dashboard of key performance metrics:
- Will require a deep understanding of multi-touch attribution and modeling
- Will require the ability to build a clear view into the buyer journey, including time to conversion
- Build a predictive model that clearly reflects the amount of top of funnel activity required to generate downstream application activity
- Work with the product team to build the ability to track lead to applicant dashboard and visibility
- While insight into useful new software solutions is encouraged, the use of outside agencies is not. This role does not include budget for agency support
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Demonstrated experience with implementing and overseeing the quality of deliverables, while effectively managing and mentoring a small team to ensure exceptional performance and great team spirit
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise good judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience successfully managing people and perpetuating great culture
- Excellent at building reporting tools and tracking the successes (and missteps) of marketing activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without direct supervision
KEY EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree business, marketing, statistics, or similar
- 5-7 years’ experience in B2C eCommerce, digital marketing, demand generation, email marketing, or sales/marketing operations
API CORE COMPETENCIES
- Customer Focus
- Team Approach
Academic Programs International (API) is a leader in international and experiential education. Our mission is to design and deliver international experiences that inspire learning and enrich students, partners, and communities. We believe in the value of experiential education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. In doing so, we are also dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible, and affordable international experiences to students across the U.S.
- API was established by 4 international education professionals (our “Founding Mamas”) over 24 years ago
- We offer programs in 45 cities within 22 countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East & South Pacific
- GoAbroad Innovation’s People's Choice Award Winner (2019)
API is headquartered in Austin, Texas, one of the consistently top ranked best places to live! We look forward to collaborating together in person again in our recently renovated office in Westlake Hills, located just minutes from Barton Creek, Lake Austin and downtown.
WHY JOIN US?
At API, you will acquire real-world skills and experience that will help advance your career in marketing, sales or study abroad, while learning from seasoned professionals about the field of international education and experiential learning.
- API is a tenured team of committed and mission-driven professionals with a passion for what we do; we’ve been around for over two decades, but maintain the spirit of a small start-up
- We love to promote from within, offering hands-on experience, mentorship, leadership and excellent growth and advancement opportunities; potential to convert to full-time employment at completion of internship or consideration for other open positions within the company
- We can’t resist company events, celebrations and especially love raffling off gifts and prizes to staff
At API, we celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, equality and inclusion, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, competence, merit, performance and business needs.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.