Program Manager, Customized Programs
- 301 Camp Craft Rd, West Lake Hills, TX 78746, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Academic Programs International (API) is a leader in international and experiential education. Our mission is to design and deliver international experiences that inspire learning and enrich students, partners, and communities. We believe in the value of experiential education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. In doing so, we are also dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible, and affordable international experiences to students across the U.S.
Come join our mission-driven, growth-oriented company as we are looking for an experienced Program Manager for our Customized Programs team.
**API doesn't sponsor work visas**
The Program Manager, Customized Programs, will manage a portfolio of customized, faculty-led and experiential study abroad programs for US colleges, universities and partner institutions, from development and negotiation, through implementation. Program Manager is also responsible for growing and sustaining professional relationships among university faculty and study abroad staff, while proactively seeking out new customized program development opportunities. On a day-to-day basis, Program Manager will:
- Manage a portfolio of customized, faculty-led and experiential programs.
- Proactively seek out new customized program development opportunities.
- Gather specific details and requirements for requested programs.
- Collaborate with international staff and partner organizations to develop comprehensive itineraries and budgets for programs.
- Prepare and present detailed program proposals and contracts for university partners.
- Oversee the program pre-departure process to prepare international staff, enrollment staff and faculty for program implementation.
- Analyze post-program evaluation summaries, recommend improvements on future programs and initiate renewal of next year's programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Previous participation in a study/work/intern/volunteer abroad program (highly desirable).
- Experience developing and sustaining professional relationships across diverse groups of people.
- Experience in account management, sales or similar position managing multiple clients/customers, programs, projects, etc.
- Previous experience working in higher ed, international education, student advising, or assisting faculty and their staff preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite (particularly Excel and Sheets).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or similar CRM).
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, while meeting established deadlines (critical).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with consistent and attentive follow-through; must have an eye for detail while juggling other projects, deadlines and distractions.
- Effective relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak professionally, respectfully and clearly with people from around the world; must be able to communicate expectations across diverse groups of people in a clear and professional manner.
Established over 25 years ago by four international education professionals (our "Founding Mamas") API offers programs in 45 cities within 21 countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and South Pacific. We were a GoAbroad Innovation People's Choice Award Winner (2019) and have a tenured team of committed and mission-driven professionals with a passion for what we do.
While API has been around for over two decades, we continue to grow and evolve, but maintain the spirit of a small start-up. Offering competitive compensation and benefit packages (including bonus plans and flexible paid time off), internal promotions and advancement opportunities, and the flexibility to work remotely or out of our beautiful office located just minutes from Barton Creek and Lake Austin and always stocked with snacks, beverages and catered lunches! We also cannot resist company events and celebrations (especially when treats and raffle prizes are involved).
At API, we celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, equality and inclusion, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, competence, merit, performance and business needs.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.