Maintenance Technician/Janitor (Clark Residence)
- 306 Loma Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm. An industry leader, Abode Communities has built more than 3,000 units of permanent affordable housing and other community facilities to serve the needs of low income people throughout Southern California. With ownership in 37 properties, Abode Communities has an asset base of $300 million and its real estate portfolio generates $14 million per year. Abode Communities currently employs 151 staff members, 50 of which are in the Los Angeles corporate office and around 100 are on-site at its properties. The annual corporate budget is approximately $6 million. As a non-profit firm, Abode Communities has a double bottom line – a social mission to serve the community and a professional responsibility to assure the financial viability of the organization and its developments.
Our mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager and works as part of a team to ensure that the property is maintained in the best physical condition possible and that all resident service requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform minor property maintenance and repairs as assigned by the Property Manager including, but not limited to plastering, painting, plumbing (unclogging toilets and drains,) carpentry, mechanical and electrical.
- Schedule and complete resident service requests for unit repairs and general maintenance.
- Prepare properties for inspections by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate and monitor progress of vendors or outside contractors. Inspect property daily and report any needed repairs to the Property Manager.
- Inspect building equipment and provide preventative maintenance services in accordance with appropriate guidelines
- Maintain the maintenance equipment supplies inventory and order as needed.
- Complete all paperwork on a daily basis or as required by Property Manager.
Minimum of three years general maintenance experience.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Able to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Take direction from Management.
- Work in a collaborative manner as a member of a site team.
- Relate professionally with vendors, residents and co-workers.
- Valid California driver's license and auto insurance.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, long term disability insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.