Junior Regional Property Supervisor-Affordable Housing
- 1100 S Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90015, USA
Abode Communities Property Management manages 39 multifamily residential communities serving some 6,900 low-income people throughout California. The organization, with a 98% portfolio-wide occupancy rate, offers a full range of professional services to ensure our residential portfolios, and housing portfolios of similar community development organizations, remain physically solvent and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Property management staff members go above and beyond to ensure each property managed becomes a pillar within its community. This is accomplished through the creation of vibrant, connected spaces that support each resident’s emotional, physical and financial ability to thrive.
The Junior Regional Property Supervisor is a multi-site manager who reports to the SVP of Property & Asset Management. Typically manages 3-4 properties, is the primary contact person for all lease ups and sites in development and sites within her/his portfolio and works as part of a team to direct and control building operations, property management and personnel assigned to the properties in her/his assigned portfolio. This position will also be responsible for departmental administrative assistance and data collection as needed.
- Hire, train, coach, and supervise Property Managers assigned to properties in her/his portfolio.
- Prepare property operating and capital improvement budgets for all properties within her/his assigned portfolio for approval by the SVP of Property & Asset Management.
- Complete and monitor annual capital plans and, in consultation with the Director of Facilities, complete and monitor capital improvement schedules and preventative maintenance schedules for each site.
- Monitor and review monthly financial reports and property operating expenses to ensure compliance with approved property budgets, including rent charges and rent increases, resident account receivables. Work with the accounting department on issues pertaining to financial reporting, vacancies, invoices, and rent collections.
- Oversee the annual re-certification process for properties in her/his portfolio and ensure they are completed in compliance with regulatory requirements and according to the schedule for the property by reviewing and approving each file.
- Direct all aspects of marketing and leasing new properties.
- Serve as primary liaison for Property Management with the Development Division on properties in development and work with Development staff to develop operating budgets and management plans for new properties.
- Effectively manage and solve problems. Encourage Property Managers and site staff to listen attentively to resident complaints and suggestions and address them fairly and professionally. Supervise and monitor follow-up on problem resolution and ensure that the resident/prospective resident is contacted with resolution to problem in a timely manner.
- Minimum of -3-4 years property management experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience with HUD and TCAC properties, rent restrictions, income restrictions and the annual certification process.
- Ability to physically inspect all assigned properties to determine their condition.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Full literacy in English and ability to write clear reports and correspondence.
- Must comprehend and effectively manage complex regulatory requirements.
- Experience communicating effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and property management software programs.
- Ability to travel within the assigned service area and maintain a valid California driver's license and auto insurance.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, Flex Spending Account, and 401(k) plan with Employer Match.
Our organization is committed to promoting its employees’ work-life balance by offering a 9/80 alternative workweek schedule - 9-hour workday Monday-Thursday and every other Friday off - and Paid Time Off – Vacation starting at 12 days per year, 12 Sick days, and 10 Company Paid Holidays.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer.