- 1149 S Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90015, USA
Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm.
Abode Communities Architecture is a full-service architectural studio offering high-quality design solutions that bring communities to life. Our design professionals are principled, progressive and innovative, all the while relying on fundamental design to create architecture that is relevant in time, contextual within its surroundings and meaningful for its inhabitants. It is the studio’s philosophy that architecture must inspire, provide comfort and contribute to the betterment of the human condition. For nearly five decades, the studio has collaborated with a multitude of community groups to design more than 50 affordable housing developments, as well as small- and mid-size community facilities in Southern California.
Under the leadership of the Principal Architect, and supervision of a Director, the Designer/Job Captain will be involved in various projects through all aspects of architectural design, production and construction administration. This positon will require strong management and organizational skills, in addition to strong design and technical abilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the delivery of architectural services on specific projects, with emphasis on design, technical data and processes, quality control, efficient use of time and resources.
- Coordinate work product with clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet project objectives and requirements.
- Maintain clear records to manage a project, in accordance with office protocol.
- Compose transmittals and other correspondence as necessary for the proper administration of a project.
- Coordinate work with the Principal Architect, Associate Architect, Project Manager and architectural staff on all phases of project design, development and documentation. Responsible for production and documentation needs of each specific project.
- Produce drawings (computer-aided or manual) of project designs. Follow protocol on all office procedures, as directed by the immediate supervisor and/or Principal Architect
- Must have a degree from an accredited Bachelor or Master of Architecture Program (LEED accreditation is desirable but not required).
- Strong intuitive sense for design and the design process. Excellent graphic and visualization skills; must be capable of expressing design ideas quickly, with clarity and precision.
- High degree of personal motivation. Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to solve problems independently and as part of a team under the leadership of a project supervisor.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks.
- Proficient with the latest versions of Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint..
- Strong verbal and writing skills to communicate with clients, consultants, public agencies and colleagues.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience working in an architecture office performing duties similar to those described above.
- A valid California driver's license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within Abode Communities service area.
This full-time non-exempt position comes with a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Flex Spending Account, company-paid Long-Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) plan with Employer Match and a 9/80 schedule with alternating Fridays off.
Our organization is committed to promoting its employees’ work-life balance by offering generous paid time off policies (Vacation starting at 12 days per year, 12 Sick days, 10 Company Paid Holidays).
Abode Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application without resume and portfolio samples indicating your role on the project will not be considered.