Program Leader (Part-Time)
- 2399 California Ave, Signal Hill, CA 90755, USA
Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm.
Abode Communities Resident Services invests in the long-term success of some 4,100 parents, children, seniors and people with special needs by offering its mission-critical social services programming at 18 residential locations. For families, these complimentary services aims to break the cycle of economic entrenchment through the provision of life skills and job readiness workshops for parents, as well as after-school academic enrichment, college preparatory and scholarship programs for youth and young adults. Specialized services aim to help seniors and people with special needs achieve self-sufficiency and retain their housing. All residents also enjoy access to an abundant referral system, social and community-resource events, and health/green living activities.
The Resident Services Department implements and oversees social service programs that will enhance and support a holistic and healthy lifestyle for the individuals and families in low income housing developments.
Under the supervision of the Resident Services Coordinator (RSC), the Program Leader will assist the RSC with leading the activities in the after school program and providing support to the overall Beyond Homes program as needed The Program Leader will be responsible for implementing the on-site after-school program, supporting efforts with College Awareness and Assistance, Computer Lab resource centers, and summer programs for youth ages 5-17. The Program Leader will support the RSC in their work with residents’ linkage to resources, work with families or individuals at risk of losing their housing. The Program Leader will support RSC who will work to engage residents with each other, and their greater communities, promoting wellness, and focusing on increasing capacity to earn and meet the needs of their families. The Program Leader will also support RSC with data entry and follow-up related to tracking programs and referrals.
- Homework assistance and one to one tutoring when applicable
- Encourage enhancement of skills in reading and math – with goal to increase academic achievement
- Be a positive role model, mentor and leader
- Maintain open communication with parents and staff of Abode Communities
- Keep manual and electronic records of activities and attendance
- Provide regular documentation and tracking of all program activities via program database[IP2] .
- Develop and lead special projects with youth and children
- Assist with development of monthly out of school time activity calendars
- Attend trainings as needed
- Support Beyond Homes program with outreach and community building activities
- Support RSC with follow-up to resident needs when specifically directed by RSC
The Candidate should have strong relational and interpersonal skills with a dedication to work closely with low income residents, some with special needs. The candidate must have the ability to work independently, and under the supervision of Resident Service Coordinator. Must be a self-starter able to carry out work plans and meet goals in a timely and effective manner. Candidate must be willing and able to work within a culturally and ethnically diverse environment. The candidate must possess good interpersonal skills, work well with children, and demonstrate strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and accountability in verbal and written form.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma required
- Some experience working with children and/or people
- Cultural sensitivity
This is a part-time position 12/18 hours a week. Pay: $14.25/hour.
Abode Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.