Assistant Property Manager-DTLA
- 1709 W 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm. Abode Communities Property Management manages 39 multifamily residential communities serving some 6,900 low-income people throughout California. The organization, with a 98% portfolio-wide occupancy rate, offers a full range of professional services to ensure our residential portfolios, and housing portfolios of similar community development organizations, remain physically solvent and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Property management staff members go above and beyond to ensure each property managed becomes a pillar within its community. This is accomplished through the creation of vibrant, connected spaces that support each resident’s emotional, physical and financial ability to thrive.
Our mission is to open new doors in people’s lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing.
The position is responsible for assisting the Property Manager in managing day-to-day operations of the property, including but not limited to the following:
• Performing clerical duties: answering the phones, filling, preparing and distributing notices, setting up for meetings, etc.
• Office Management (e.g. assist in maintaining tenant files, service requests, purchase orders, incident reports, etc.)
• Administrative and Financial (e.g. assist in obtaining/process rental applications, handle rent collections and deposits, assist in the process of move-ins/move-outs, assist in the process of annual re-certifications, etc.)
• Property Maintenance (e.g. assist in the scheduling of work performed by vendors and maintenance staff, conduct property inspections, log and file maintenance work orders, ordering supplies, etc.)
• Maintain positive tenant relations and deliver outstanding customer service
• Maintain strong communication with property manager and maintenance staff.
• Provide support in any other area requested by the Regional Property Supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year property management experience, preferably with tax credit (TCAC) properties
• Prior property management experience may be substituted for two years of general office/administrative assistant or customer service experience
• Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to write clear reports and other correspondence
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Computer Literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Valid CA driver's license and auto insurance required
• Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers from diverse cultures and backgrounds
This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Flex Spending Account, company-paid Long-Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, and 401(k) plan with Employer Match.
Our organization is committed to promoting its employees’ work-life balance by offering generous paid time off policies (Vacation starting at 12 days per year, 12 Sick days, 10 Company Paid Holidays).
Abode Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.