Maintenance Technician (Greater Los Angeles Area)
- Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm. Abode Communities Property Management manages 39 multifamily residential communities serving some 6,200 low-income people throughout California. The organization, with a 98% portfolio-wide occupancy rate, offers a full range of professional services to ensure our residential portfolios, and housing portfolios of similar community development organizations, remain physically solvent and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Property management staff members go above and beyond to ensure each property managed becomes a pillar within its community. This is accomplished through the creation of vibrant, connected spaces that support each resident’s emotional, physical and financial ability to thrive.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager and works as part of a team to ensure that the property is maintained in the best physical condition possible and that all resident service requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform minor property maintenance and repairs as assigned by the Property Manager including, but not limited to, plastering, painting, plumbing (unclogging toilets and drains,) carpentry, mechanical and electrical. Requires pushing and pulling, reaching overhead and in front, crawling around or behind equipment, lifting of drywall panels, large containers of paint and/or plaster, lumber and tools.
- Observe and practice safety procedures when conducting maintenance work. Do not leave any equipment, tools, and supplies unattended at any time. Wear safety gear accordingly. Use proper signage to announce unsafe area conditions.
- Perform all janitorial duties on building grounds and common areas such as sweeping, mopping, shampooing, polishing and vacuuming common area bathrooms, kitchens, community rooms, offices, vacant units upon request, etc.
- In conjunction with Property Manager, prioritize, schedule and complete resident service requests for unit repairs, general maintenance, and janitorial duties according to Abode Communities standards.
- Prepare properties for inspections by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate and monitor progress of vendors or outside contractors.
- Inspect property daily and report any needed repairs to the Property Manager.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions. Repair equipment or cause the equipment to be repaired by a vendor or outside contractor, in accordance with Abode Communities policies and procedures.
- Inspect building equipment per established specifications to ensure safe and reliable operations and provide preventative maintenance services in accordance with appropriate preventative maintenance guidelines. Prepare and maintain all appropriate equipment inspection and preventative maintenance logs, as required.
- Maintain equipment, maintenance and cleaning supplies inventory and order as needed
- Complete all paperwork (i.e., preventative maintenance schedules, work orders, inventory reports, daily work log reports, etc.) on a daily basis or as required by Property Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of supplies orders.
- Respond to after-hours and weekend maintenance emergencies. There will be times when you may be called to assist with emergencies at other properties besides the assigned property.
- Other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Property Supervisor.
- Minimum of three (3) years general maintenance experience (plastering, painting, basic plumbing such as unclogging toilets and drains, carpentry).
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Able to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Effectively manage and solve practical problems and effectively handle situations with limited instructions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid CA driver's license and auto insurance require
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, long term disability insurance, 401K plan, vacation and sick leave benefits.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.