On-Site Property Manager with Tax Credit Experience (RVW)
- 18425 Kittridge St, Reseda, CA 91335, USA
Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm. Abode Communities Property Management manages 39 multifamily residential communities serving some 6,900 low-income people throughout California. The organization, with a 98% portfolio-wide occupancy rate, offers a full range of professional services to ensure our residential portfolios, and housing portfolios of similar community development organizations, remain physically solvent and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Property management staff members go above and beyond to ensure each property managed becomes a pillar within its community. This is accomplished through the creation of vibrant, connected spaces that support each resident’s emotional, physical and financial ability to thrive.
The On-site Property Manager reports to the Regional Property Supervisor and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the property.
- Supervise other property staff; office, maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Prepare resident notices such as 3-Day & 10-Day Notices to Pay Rent or Quit, Lease violations, rent increases notices, inspection notices, etc.
- Attend court on evictions.
- Develop and maintain relations with vendors and residents.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, annual reports as required.
- Conduct monthly or bi-monthly resident meetings.
- Conduct daily property inspections.
- Accept maintenance work orders and coordinate completion with maintenance staff.
- Conduct semi-annual unit inspections.
- Get vacant units ready for occupancy and ensure timely vacancy turnaround.
- Collect bids for service and maintenance work.
- Enforce the Lease and Rules and Regulations.
- Respond to after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Rent Collection and Deposit.
- Post rent on Boston Post.
- Review rent rolls, delinquency reports, vacancy reports, escrow reports, for required corrections, etc.
- Prepare POs for services and supplies needed for RPS approval.
- Monitor the property budget to ensure adherence.
- Complete variance reports on financial statements. Implement rent increases.
- Accept and process applications for housing.
- Review and manage waiting list under fair housing guidelines and conduct marketing efforts to replenish the waiting list.
- Complete the annual re-certification process, interim re-certification, transfer, etc. for compliance review.
- Maintain permanent resident files organized and in good order.
- Complete compliance reports as requested.
Minimum 2 years of property management experience.
Experience in working with Tax Credit, HUD, and HOME program required.
Ability to read, write and speak English and to draft clear reports and other correspondence.
Strong customer relations, oral and written communications, and organization skills.
Bilingual English-Spanish a plus.
Computer Literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel).
Current CA driver's license & auto insurance.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers from diverse cultures and background.
This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Flex Spending Account, company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, and a 2-bedroom apartment free of charge.
Our organization is committed to promoting its employees’ work-life balance by offering generous paid time off policies (Vacation starting at 12 days per year, 12 Sick days and 10 Company Paid Holidays).
Abode Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.