Property Manager (On-site) -Las Brisas I
- 2399 California Street, Suite C, Signal Hill, CA, us
Abode Communities is a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm.
Abode Communities Property Management manages 37 multifamily residential communities serving some 6,200 low-income people throughout California. The organization, with a 98% portfolio-wide occupancy rate, offers a full range of professional services to ensure our residential portfolios, and housing portfolios of similar community development organizations, remain physically solvent and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Property management staff members go above and beyond to ensure each property managed becomes a pillar within its community. This is accomplished through the creation of vibrant, connected spaces that support each resident’s emotional, physical and financial ability to thrive.
The Property Manager reports to the Regional Property Supervisor and is required to live on site.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the property.
- Supervise other property staff where applicable; office & maintenance staff.
- Prepare resident notices such as 3-Day & 10-Day Notices to Pay Rent or Quit, Lease violations, rent increases notices, inspection notices, etc.
- Attend court on evictions.
- Resident and vendor relations.
- Work closely with Resident Service Coordinators at the property where applicable.
- Responsible for clerical duties: answering phones, filling, faxing, mailing, etc.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, annual reports as required.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Conduct monthly or bi-monthly resident meetings.
- Responsible for the physical condition of the property.
- Conduct daily property inspections.
- Accept maintenance work orders and coordinate completion with maintenance staff.
- Ensure that maintenance logs and maintenance folders are updated.
- Conduct semi-annual unit inspections.
- Get vacant units ready for occupancy.
- Ensure timely vacancy turnaround.
- Collect bids for service and maintenance work.
- Enforce the Lease and Rules and Regulations.
- Manage Petty Cash fund.
- Attend after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Review time sheets.
- Maintain the rental office clean and organized.
- Rent Collection and Deposit.
- Post rent on Boston Post.
- Review rent rolls, delinquency reports, vacancy reports, escrow reports, for required corrections, etc.Prepare POs for services and supplies needed for RPS approval.
- Monitor the property budget to ensure adherence.
- Complete variance reports on financial statements. Implement rent increases.
- Accept applications for housing, log them on the property's waiting list, scan and send to the Compliance Dept.
- Process applications for eligibility.
- Review waiting list and conduct marketing efforts as needed to replenish the waiting list.
- Complete the annual re-certification process, interim re-certification, transfer, etc. for compliance review.
- Maintain permanent resident files organized and in good order.
- Manage the waiting list under fair housing guidelines.
- Have minimum three hopper move-in files ready for vacancies at all times.
- Complete compliance reports as requested.
Minimum 2 years of property management experience.
Experience in working with Tax Credit, HUD, and HOME program.
Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to write clear reports and other correspondence.
Work history emphasizing strong customer relations, oral and written communications, and organization skills.
Bilingual abilities a plus.
Computer Literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel).
Current CA driver's license & auto insurance.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers from diverse cultures and background.
This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Flex Spending Account, Long-Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, and a 3-bedroom apartment free of charge.
Our organization is committed to promoting its employees’ work-life balance by offering generous paid time off policies (Vacation starting at 12 days per year, 12 Sick days, 10 Company Paid Holidays, Bereavement and Jury Duty).
Abode Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.